How to increase resolution?

Kevin Bishop

I have just swapped my 26" CRT TV (which broke) for a 32" LCD TV and I have noticed that with the larger screen, the picture is great at a distance, but pixelated close up, especially around movement.

The resolution varies between 720x576 and 544x576, which is much lower than teh desktop resolution. Is this the resolution that is broadcast or can I increase it?

I have seen on this forum that ffdshow can improve resolution, but having tried ffdshow before, I found several channels that don't have any sound through their decoder, so I am reluctant to switch.

Am I being ultra fussy, or should I expect a crystal clear picture?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin.

I've noticed the pixelation on LCD monitors, and I have to say it's a very disappointing image to watch after years of just about perfect images on CRTs (I still love my CRT).

I've noticed the pixelation on LCD monitors, and I have to say it's a very disappointing image to watch after years of just about perfect images on CRTs (I still love my CRT).

your CRT with its often only 250 lines of resolution does a good job in hiding the sometimes bad quality of SD broadcast

your LCD or Plasma will show it without mercy.

besr

vM

It'd be good to have something in between the two. Some DVDs look pretty awful on LCD monitors, too.

You just need a hardware acceleration capable video card and PowerDVD Ultra. Use a DVI to HDMI cable.

Edited by ricabullah