Interface to Girder?

Job48

Hi Christian & all,

yet another request I have, I hope I'm not bugging. I've tried winlirc with a homemade receiver and several remotes. Since I couldn't get it working relieably, I'm now using girder as server and client, sending simulated keystrokes to DVBViewer. This works much more stable than winlirc, however is not very elegant. Has anyone thought about interfacing to girder as server.

Regards Jochen

ps: I would like to hear about other experiences with winlirc, since the majority of reports in the net deal with the same difficulties with winlirc (somehow like: "your remote is not delivering a consistant signal")

Hmm, several months ago Christian described in the forum a way to remote-control the DVBViewer via Windows messages, and I remember, that he wrote something like "...so that you can program your Girder".

All commands that can be found under Options/Control can be sent as a message to the DVBViewer and are referenced by numbers. You find these numbers in the MenuCreator Plugin source (see here). The ZIP contains an INC file, which declares the numbers as constants for Delphi programmers, and gives a short example.

Here I provided a little tool, that allows to send these messages to the DVBViewer via a script, batch file or shortcut (the numbers used there are the actual number minus 100).

I don't know the Girder interface - maybe it helps somehow.

Griga

@Griga

looks promising allthough I couldn't figure out girders "WParameter" and "LParameter" yet.

I searched the forum for Christians post with "girder" and "windows message" but didn't get any hit exept my own on "girder" post. Maybe Christian has mailed the info to you?

@DAvenger

I'm afraid, I need a little help with your hint. Years ago :wub: I used to be a programmer with lots of experience in assembler, fortran IV, pascal and at the end a little c. Stopped due to changing job when it got object oriented. But with a bit of support I may find my way. Any links that could help?

Thanks to both of you

Bye, Jochen

Here is Christian's posting: http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280. You must be aware of the search options ("any date").

I couldn't figure out girders "WParameter" and "LParameter" yet.

You'll find the WParam and LParam for the DVBViewer in the INC file mentioned above. It's something like

Sendmessage(DVBViewerWindowHandle,$B2C2,$0815,Command)

that's Christian :wub: .

If girder supports sending messages to other programs, your problem should be solved...

Griga

P.S. The API Sendmessage call has the following format:

LRESULT SendMessage(
   HWND hWnd,	// handle of destination window
   UINT Msg,	// message to send
   WPARAM wParam,	// first message parameter
   LPARAM lParam  // second message parameter
  );

There is a plugin "SendMessage" for Girder. It has the params Message Number, wParam and lParam, but I'm still fighting it. In Girder you have to define the target process in a way that seems to impose some difficulties.

I'll report back as soon as I found something, in case it helps sombody else.

Jochen

Hmm... usually the window handle of the target process is retrieved via the window title, or at least a significant part of it - in this case "DVBViewer". So I would expect Girder to ask for it.

Griga

usually the window handle of the target process is retrieved via the window title, or at least a significant part of it - in this case "DVBViewer". So I would expect Girder to ask for it.

Yes, of course. But I don't seem able to get it working yet. I can send Keystrokes to DVBViewer, which are correctly interpreted, but message sending is different. Documentation of SendMessage in Girder is missing and I've spent some time searching and experimenting so far. (Tried to send number in hex and decimal, tried to adress different child processes, just exploring the darkness). I'll report as soon as I found a solution.

If somebody has also experimented with Girder and SendMessage I would surely appreciate some hints!

Jochen

I have the same problem to send message to DVBViewer... maybe because my experience as programmer was ended with Clipper Summer '87 :wub:

I have an analog-TV card (LifeView FlyVideo 98 remarked Genius) with remote control and a little utility that permit to send to the S.O. what I want; I've studied the DVBViewer SDK's, but I cannot understand the correct format for messages... for the moment, like Job48, I've managed it with keystroke...

BTW, I can't find a complete list of code for every menu-action, like, for example "show subtitles" (but until I cannot make the message sending running is useless... :) )

Bye

Gioxy