who knows how to tweak Cyberlink?

Job48

Hi all,

I'm using VMR7 with good results to get TV out on my Matrox G550 with OSD visible. VMR9 does not trigger Matrox's dual head DVDmax, with the effect, that the image is only displayed on the primary screen and therefor looks jerky on the cloned TV screen.

In the VMR7 configuration Mediamatics does not perform too well. There are no lost frames, but motion isn't displayed smoothly, it's rather looking like some cheaper type of cartoons.

Elecard and Cyberink look much better, but Elecard is missing hardware acceleration, thus imposing a rather high cpu load (60%+).

Cyberlink ist allways switching to Overlay as seen with graphedit. That means, OSD isn't available anymore.

Does anyone happen to know a workaraund?

Thanks in advance, bye, Jochen

@Oliver,

grrr, have to look for another solution. By the way, I've tested the cartoon like rough motion. It is obviously due to the interlacing function. Looks good on PC but odd on TV(out). I'll check, if I can switch off deinterlacing with the Mediamatics.

Jochen

That should be easy: Start RegEdit and go to HKLM/software/mediamatics/dvdexpress/activemoviedecoder. There you must set ForceBob = 0 and ForceWeave = 0. To use hardware acceleration EnableDDHVA must be set to 1, the same applies to EnableMotionComp.

Bye, Oliver

add the following dword values to registry

HKLM/Software/Cyberlink/Common/CLVSD/EnableVMR=1 and EnableVMR9=1

if does not work then add here to

HKCU/Software/Cyberlink/Common/CLVSD

This works fine with Cyberlink powerdvd5, I think should work with V4 to.

I tried both registry modifications with V4. No success, PDVD insisted on overlay. The trial version of V5 just yielded a still image. I guess they don't like VMR7?!

Jochen