McAfee and viewing problems

Kevin Steggles

I need some more help (and before anyone asks, I have done a search, read the manual, and emailed McAfee for help already).

Since I downloaded McAfee Internet Security 5, I am unable to view using the DVBViewer, unless I first disable the Internet Security. Where it normally says the fps rate and the kbps, I get zero.

Does anyone know how to allow McAfee to let this work....because McAfee don't know!

Thanks in anticipation

Most probably the firewall blocks the ports being used by the DVBViewer. I'm using ZoneAlarm Pro and I had to give permissions for the DVBViewer and the SkyAVC.

Bye, Oliver

hmm, full control over all ports is not required. The DVBViewer only uses two ports while playback (which could be disabled):

1. 8765 for Winlirc (if you do not use some remote control, just disable it in the options)

2. 8707 for Videobroadcast - can be disabled too..

Christian

Bye, Oliver

Guest DAvenger

Some firewall c**p software may block whole card interface. You should better check if it ain't blocking your SS2 because DVBViewer should run fine without WinLirc port enabled.