Standby Controller

Hi,

check this first:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=22189

This is my newly created standby controller. It works as follows:

1. It checks from the timers.xml if there is ongoing recording.

2. It checks from timers.xml if the next recording is in next x minutes. TimerDelay in settings file.

3. It checks if there are clients online. ClientHosts in settings file.

4. It checks if there are any processes running which chould prevent standby. Processes in settings file.

If any of these are triggered no standby.

Timers.xml location is TimerFile in settings file.

ProgramToRun is cmd or exe to execute when going to standby/hibernate. I have standby..cmd which consists following line:

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

MinutesBeforeSleep is the setting how often steps are executed.

TimerDelay is the setting how long before(minutes) the recoring we won't go to standby. IE current time is 12:00 and next recoring is 12:30 and TimerDelay is 30 we don't go to standby.

Requires .Net framework 2.0

Hope I covereded everything.

StandbyController.zip

Kapa

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
Using this Command to start the standby, hast some times the effect that Windows did not start correct on a Timer (I don't know way).

If you have such problems look if it starts on the timers if you start the Standby/Hibernate via Start menu or a tool like ShutDownNow

Using this Command to start the standby, hast some times the effect that Windows did not start correct on a Timer (I don't know way).

If you have such problems look if it starts on the timers if you start the Standby/Hibernate via Start menu or a tool like ShutDownNow

Hi.

I have had some problems using the command line solution. I'll try the shutdown now tool.

Thanks.