IRTrans software

Victor F.

Hallo,

I'm using the Zalman HD160 with IR-Trans and the MCE remote. It works fine with the LCDDriver and the instructions you wrote. But there is still one problem: Every command the remote sends appears twice. What can I do? How did you solve this problem?

Thanks, Victor

I'd like to explain the problem above mentioned a little bit with this example: After starting the computer und DVBViewer I go to the timeline to select a broadcast. Using the remote the selection jumpes not to the next field but to field after the next. The same problem appears when I'm choosing a channel in the channellist or a song in the playlist. Everytime one item will be skipped. How can I change it?

I'm shure that it is not a problem of DVBViewer, because the double commands are also shown in the IRTrans window called Detected IR Commands.

Thanks in advance, Victor

Hi Victor!

What you write has nothing to do with my plugin, this is a general behaviour of the IRTrans software. Normally it would be better to open a thread in the "HTPC" area in this forum.

One short suggestion: The IRTrans software does not send every remote command twice. But it generates different events for one keypress on the remote control: a keyboard event and a WinLIRC event for example. You can configure this behaviour: In the directory "Program files\IRTrans\remotes" you will find a file named "apps.cfg". In this file, you can define a mapping between remote control keys and keyboard events. There is a section in this file (at the beginning), where a general mapping is done. This mapping is valid for all application that have the keyboard focus. You can try to rename this file and restart the IRServer.exe. I choose a different option: i configured DVBViewer so that it only reacts on WINLIRC events. I removed every keyboard event from the configuration.

By default, the "apps.cfg" file maps (e.g.) the "Arrow Left" key of the remote control to the keyboard event "Arrow left". And so, the DVBViewer gets two events: a WinLIRC event "Left" and a keyboard event "Left". The same for all other standard keys (numbers, etc).

If you have more questions regarding IRTrans itself, please don't post them here! This thread is intended only for my plugin that communicates with the IRTrans server.

Edited by SnoopyDog