Exiting DVBViewer crashes DVBServer

andreasimner

I just started using DVBServer as I am setting up an extra client without TV-card. The setup is like this:

"HTPC" : Computer running DVBServer that has access to m Hauppauge NOVA-T 500 dual tuner. Also runs DVBViewer that uses the Unicast devices available from the DVBServer.

"HTPC2": Computer running DVBViewer that connects to the unicast devices available from DVBServer on computer "HTPC"

Everyting works good and I get picture and sound on both computers.

Problem: On "HTPC", when I exit DVBViewer (via X-button, via "Exit" in menu etc), the DVBViewer program remains open and responsive but the picture freezes. Instead, the DVBServer icon disapears and DVBServer is shut down. If I attempt to exit DVBViewer again, it is shut down.

This problem doesn't happen when I exit DVBViewer on "HTPC2"...

The problem also remains if DVBViewer on "HTPC" uses the TV-card directly instead of via DVBServer = Exiting DVBViewer shut downs DVBServer but picture doesnt freeze

Any suggested solution?

support.zip

I just started using DVBServer as I am setting up an extra client without TV-card. The setup is like this:

"HTPC" : Computer running DVBServer that has access to m Hauppauge NOVA-T 500 dual tuner. Also runs DVBViewer that uses the Unicast devices available from the DVBServer.

"HTPC2": Computer running DVBViewer that connects to the unicast devices available from DVBServer on computer "HTPC"

Everyting works good and I get picture and sound on both computers.

Problem: On "HTPC", when I exit DVBViewer (via X-button, via "Exit" in menu etc), the DVBViewer program remains open and responsive but the picture freezes. Instead, the DVBServer icon disapears and DVBServer is shut down. If I attempt to exit DVBViewer again, it is shut down.

This problem doesn't happen when I exit DVBViewer on "HTPC2"...

The problem also remains if DVBViewer on "HTPC" uses the TV-card directly instead of via DVBServer = Exiting DVBViewer shut downs DVBServer but picture doesnt freeze

Any suggested solution?

1 week since post....

• 3 weeks later...
You have to deinstall the recording service.

Didnt work at all. I have no recodring service to deinstall?

Maybe one of the official DVBViewer forum moderators can help a paying user?