North America Users??

xplay

Are there any users out there in North America having success with Nimiq1/2 or any of the Echostar sats?

If so, please reply. I'm a proficient MyTheatre user who is considering moving over because I hear DVBViewer is far more efficient for HDTV stations, but in my first run at the product, I have had no success getting even a full channel scan.

I have 3 LNBs with a 4-way DisEqC:

1. Nimiq2

2. Nimiq1

3. Echostar1/2

Not sure what DisEqC settings to set (although I was able to scan Nimiq1 and only got 9 channels after 3 scans).

Product looks pretty cool, if I could get it to work... I have read Oliver's manual and there is nothing on setting up sats--probably because the channel lists for all of the Euro sats are included (?)

Hello xplay,

what version of DVBViewer are you testing?

Maybe you can have a look here to focalize the differences between the free and the pay version, and take care of old free/demo version: the channel scanning was very rough...

...and which driver version have you used for the SS2?

Bye

Gioxy

..there are significant differences between dvb-s in europe and systems for north america. Dunno what kind of pci-card you are using. If it is the ss2 you only can receive transponders with dvb transmission. Adding an .ini file for a certain satellite won't be the problem but I have serious doubts that DVBViewer can parse the si.You will have to add each channel manually (adding v/a_pid etc.).

have a look here http://www.coolstf.com/mpeg/

@Oliver: I have a 4-way switch that says DiseqC 2.0, but I assume it's backwards compatible with 1.0 as it works fine with ProgDVB and MyTheatre. Is that not the case?

@all: Can anybody recommend a good 4-way DisEqC out there that is compatible with the SS2?

@Oliver: I tried PosA/OptA and got nothing. What are Pos and Opt? What do they mean? Do I set PosA/OptA for all 3 LNBs (sats)?

@Gioxy/@Derrick: I have been using MyTheatre and ProgDVB ok for some time now with the same sats and scanning works ok in those apps. Adding a channel manually is quite time consuming--there are many channels.

@Gioxy: I'm not exactly sure what version I have, but the SS2 drivers that came with it on the CD are 4.2.2. Is there a way to find out what version of the card I have without opening up my PC (it's pretty hard to get at in my entertainment center).

Is there a way to find out what version of the card I have without opening up my PC (it's pretty hard to get at in my entertainment center)

...I ment the DVBViewer Version...

...from what you say I think you have a latest version of SS2 (mmh... I've already heard rumors of similar problem with latest card...) with DVBViever 1.91-1.94TE version incluse in the driver's CD...

But I think that you don't have any HW problems (in fact with other prog it work), but a DVBViever version problem... form what I understand/know it seems that the demo/free version (incluse that from SS2 driver's CD) don't have the capability to set some DiSEqC parameter (pay version have 2 setting instead of 1, but I don't remember their name...)...

Cheers

Gioxy