3.9.2.0 - DVB subtitle bug

Peter_P8n

Version 3.9.2.0

----------------------

- Fix: DVBsubtitle reworked.

You need to re-work those subtitles again, because my subtitles keeps being displayed until new subtitles appear or for like 1 minute (if no new subtitles in the meantime).

Worked in 3.9.1.0 and all previous versions - on 2 different channels (thats all my channels).

DVB-T in Europe.

Its very annoying! ;)

Edited by Peter_P8n

Not DVB-T in Europe is annoying its the fact that everybody thinks to reinterpret the standards ;)

Where do you live and can you provide a recording with your subtitles?

Right here i just can test the streams transmitted by ZDF on Astra, the BBC Prime subtitles (without any video and audio it is a bit complicated, but luckily they also have the subtitle transmissions also inside their teletext) and those recordings i have from finland, norway and one from france.

Previous Subtitles can be removed either if there is an "Empty Frame" transmitted or the Timeout has been reached. The timeout can be set by a command, but usually it is 30seconds. If there is neither a valid timeout or an empty frame the subtitles are shown until the next one arrives.

Christian

Where do you live and can you provide a recording with your subtitles?

Sure. I live in Denmark.

I can send/upload a sample if you provide the details.

Do you also want me to record the teletext subtitles or only the DVB subtitles?

How many minutes do you want?

Regards

Peter_P8n

the bigger the better. You should also drop me an email - this might speed up the bug tracking progress.

Christian

PS: Can you check what happens if you set the delay to 0?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem with subtitles staying on the screen until the next subtitle or about 30 - 60 sec., but only by the tvstation DR1 Denmark. The subtitles dissapears correctly on the other channel (TV 2 Denmark). I don´t know if the error is to blame on DR, but in the program TVJukebox 3,0 the subtitles behave normal.

This is no commercial for TVJukebox - DVBViewer is in general a much better program.

Here also the same since DVBViewer 3.9.2.0 for Dutch DVB-subtitles. Watching DVB-S and boomerang by example.

Teletext subtitles is no problem.

I have the same problem with subtitles staying on the screen until the next subtitle or about 30 - 60 sec., but only by the tvstation DR1 Denmark. The subtitles dissapears correctly on the other channel (TV 2 Denmark). I don´t know if the error is to blame on DR, but in the program TVJukebox 3,0 the subtitles behave normal.

This is no commercial for TVJukebox - DVBViewer is in general a much better program.

The problem dosen't exist in version 3.2.1.0 and it is removed in Beta 3.2.3.0, but, for some reason, this Beta i removed from the Beta section.

The problem dosen't exist in version 3.2.1.0 and it is removed in Beta 3.2.3.0, but, for some reason, this Beta i removed from the Beta section.

I can confirm.

I can confirm.

The question is, why are the developers and owners totaly quiet in this and the other tread concerning this problem?

Edited by McenterFreak
  • 1 month later...