GE and Pro EVR/Vista Zoom

fedmond31

let me express my relative disapointment with GE/Pro and EVR and Zoom:

Vista/EVR/HWA is by far the best choice for picture quality and smoothness of HD channels, picture fully matching screen is also a key factor. these are my main reasons for using a HTPC :picture quality !

I understand EVR is no priority with Pro but its almost there if only zoom would work a little more !

GE vesions above 2.3.2 have sizing with EVR totally broken i cant achieve 16/9 at all.

As today i can manage on my HTPC using multiple DVBVs

1 version of pro 3.9.2.0 for SD paying channels with overlay.

1 version of pro 3.9.2.0 for HD paying channels with EVR (almost fits the screen)

1 version of GE 2.3.2 for HD free channels with EVR (zoom fully working, 16/9 OK)

I sincerly hope development of EVR versions will carry on.

With best regards to the team.

• 3 weeks later...

hi rica

no special reason ...thought would be best to begin where most of the people hang around

but its pretty much self-explanatory :

poll :

ja = yes means...I want better support for the EVR renderer in DVBViewer pro

nein = no means ...I am not interested in EVR at all

best

vM

Edited by vonMengen

Hi mine,

As far as i understood, it is not a pool that one says yes or no.

BTW, thanks for teaching me "ja" and "nein", that was what i need indeed ;)

At least i know two words of german anymore.

And what is interesting is most critical issues are being discussed under german section afaik?

Is it a domestic program our DVBV or international?

Is there anything which i've been missing?

Edited by ricabullah

Summary:

- There are at least three heavy bugs in the EVR concerning the positioning and resizing of the displayed video (resp. zoom and aspect ratio), which are essential functions. So it won't work flawlessly in the DVBViewer context as long as Microsoft doesn't provide a proper version.

- One of the bugs has been fixed in the Vista SP1 version of the EVR (the renderer changes the aspect ratio applied by DVBViewer though it is told not to do so), the other ones are still there, e.g. the so-called backbuffer bug. More about it here.

- The DVBViewer Pro devs (particularly Lars) are considering to drop EVR support again because of these difficulties.

- The next DVBViewer GE version will contain two EVR adjustments. One of them will consider the EVR SP1 enhancement (see above) by removing a work-around that seems to make things even worse in GE 2.4.4 ;) The other one will be an attempt to handle the backbuffer bug a bit better (no real solution).

Summary:.....

Hi Griga

thanks for clarification (ive been trying to read the German trend through Google but its very poor translated and i still cant understand much !!)

However, to me (Vista/Cyberlink/EVR/ATI 3850 HWA) your 2.3.2 GE version is OK in terms of PQ SD and HD, smoothness, Zoom and resizing as well.

Hi Griga

thanks for clarification (ive been trying to read the German trend through Google but its very poor translated and i still cant understand much !!)

However, to me (Vista/Cyberlink/EVR/ATI 3850 HWA) your 2.3.2 GE version is OK in terms of PQ SD and HD, smoothness, Zoom and resizing as well.

yes ...same here

and thanx Griga in summarizing the critical points