Subtitles (DVB-T) are hanging in Version 3.9.2.0 !

flemschu

We are at least 3 danish members, who have experienced, that subtitles stay on in the new version. They stay on until a new text comes on, which means, that they kan stay on for minutes :) That is very annoying, when you watch the news f.ex.

The hanging subtitles occur when watching my recordings, that were made with the older versions :(

No problem is experienced in Vers. 3.9.1.1. ;)

I am attaching supportzip and a bit of a danish newsbroadcast (DVB-T) o:);) It says "you are not permitted to upload this type of file" Well, then permit me, if you mean to make the best TV-application of them all !!

One of my danish friends claims, that Dutch and Finns have the same problem :(

Best Regards

Flemming

support.zip

Well this is not really helpful. To be honest i already contacted one tester, but i did not received anything useful yet. Please wait for the next version.

Christian

Hi Hackbart

If I could just send you the bit from "TV-Avisen", you could test the Problem yourself ;)

How can we do that ?

Mfg

Flemming

Edited by flemschu

FYI: I already did send hackbart 2 samples - but apparently they were not usefull to shed light on the problem.

When I play your sample in VLC I have no problem at all - like with my own samples - the ones I sent to hackbart.

Problem seems only to be present when watching live TV or recorded files using DVBViewer.

If I use VLC nothing is wrong.

Does not seem to me that there is a problem with the actual recorded files - on my PC anyway.

Peter_P8n

Edited by Peter_P8n

Hi Peter

I could not see from your thread, that you had sent anything to H. ;)

What is VLC ?

And the point of discussion here must be the DVBViewer, not if the files work with some other player ;)

When you say on your PC, do you mean watching with the newest DVBViewer-version ? Thats the issue here !

By the way. Take a look at www.recordere.dk, where we are a happy bunch of DVBieiwer-nuts o:)

:bye:

What is VLC ?

When you say on your PC, do you mean watching with the newest DVBViewer-version ? Thats the issue here !

By the way. Take a look at www.recordere.dk, where we are a happy bunch of DVBieiwer-nuts ;)

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Yeah I mean watching recorded files + Live TV with the latest version of DVBViewer, has hanging subs.

Thx I know all about recordere.dk, but I hate forums.

I just signed up here to report the bug.

Peter_P8n

We are at least 3 danish members, who have experienced, that subtitles stay on in the new version. They stay on until a new text comes on,

I can confirm that subtitle timing is not working anymore as good as in 3.9.1 (DVBsubtitles, YLE, Finland) In recordings; 3.9.1 the timig is very similar to VLC but in 3.9.2 they stay longer. However in my experience they don´t stay until the next comes but longer anyway. This must be something to do with "Fix: DVBsubtitle reworked."

Well the problem is that the new solution kicks those subtitles who are sent twice or three times afterwards. I found this only in those french dvb-t transmissions. Neither the emulator, nor playback differs here (tested with VLC as reference and possible available teletext subtitles). As i said, i'm working on it and i hope this will be gone in the next release.

Christian

Just one more thing concerning subtitles : :D

You have to reactivate dvb-subtitles, when you change the program ;)

Hope you can correct this bug too :)

LG

Flemming

This is at least not really a bug :) The DVBViewer does not store the information which dvb subtitle stream was used. If you want to enable subtitles automaticly all you have to do is to select the preferred language in the options (under subtitles) and check the "Enable If Available" checkbox.

By the way i dont remember who provided the NTV ts file, but i watched parts of a japanese movie with norwegian subtitles and they where shown perfectly to the spoken text. Dont ask why i can definively say this (even if i'm unable to fully understand norwegian), it is a looong story ;)

Christian

This is at least not really a bug :) The DVBViewer does not store the information which dvb subtitle stream was used. If you want to enable subtitles automaticly all you have to do is to select the preferred language in the options (under subtitles) and check the "Enable If Available" checkbox.

Sorry :D Thats correct. I am the bug in this case :blush: I dont know why this box was unchecked :unsure:

While I have your attention.... :D

Where do I find old versions of DVBViewer?

I have to revert to the last version because of the hanging subs.

I think the members section should have links to the last 2-3 versions and....

a BIG FAT link to that location in the sticky thread in this section.

Peter_P8n

Edited by Peter_P8n
Where do I find old versions of DVBViewer?
The only place where you find DVBViewer Pro versions is the Members Section. If Christian put a versions not in Older Versions there it is not available any more.
The only place where you find DVBViewer Pro versions is the Members Section. If Christian put a versions not in Older Versions there it is not available any more.

Yeah last old version is Version: 3.2.6 - Last Updated: 18.06.06.

Thats 1 1/2 years ago.

There must have been some stable releases out since then.

But nevermind.

I will just archive the future versions for myself.

Edited by Peter_P8n