Multiple Channel Streaming

Mr. Alin Martin

Hello,

I want to stream with DVBViewer all transponder channels to different udp ports ( chan 1 ---udp 1234, chan 2 ----udp 1235 etc) and to open the stream with vlc or another player who can open udp stream from DVBViewer. I stream 1 channel and it works ok. How can i stream all transponder channels to diferent udp ports(same dvb card; i am looking for a solution like the vlc one in linux with option vlc dvb: ... programs=1,2,3 #duplicate ..... but in windows) ?

Edited by Mr. Alin Martin

I installed plugin for multicast. I have the last version of DVBViewer. The multicast is working only with the channels stored in the default channel list. ANd when is working with that channels the DVBViewer is stoping alone. After I scan the satelite, the channel list from multicast plugin (multicast.dll) remain blank. The channels stored in channel list, found on the satelite, are working in preview but they refuse to go to multicast list. Why?

What i find out is that multicast dll is not working with the channels i want to stream and with DVBViewer pro new version. I tried the dvb server to stream all transponder, but it's not a good solution to open 7 instances of DVBViewer, and connect them to dvb server, on the same machine to stream 7 diferent channel and use netstream plugin. Someone can help me? I need to stream 7 programs in my institution and they are all one the same transponder and i have only 2 computers to do that. tks.

Edited by Mr. Alin Martin
What i find out is that multicast dll is not working with the channels i want to stream and with DVBViewer pro new version. I tried the dvb server to stream all transponder, but it's not a good solution to open 7 instances of DVBViewer, and connect them to dvb server, on the same machine to stream 7 diferent channel and use netstream plugin. Someone can help me? I need to stream 7 programs in my institution and they are all one the same transponder and i have only 2 computers to do that. tks.

I've been working with DVBViewer and vlc in windows and I don't know any solution, even I think that opening 7 instances and connecting them to dvbserver doesn`t work, in unicast there aren`t more than 6 clients in dvbserver (and in DVBViewer netstream plugin, then you could have only six clients viewing every channel).

Edited by optica11

It is working. I tried this solution with 1 dvb server and 6 clients. But isn't a stable solution ( posibility to overload cpu to 100 %) and i think there must be other solution to stream all channel transpoder like netstream plugin does, via diferent udp port for every channel.

It's not UDP but TCP. Dunno why the number of clients is limited to 6 but that's usually enough :blink:

Take the netstream plugin. Settings: unicast, max users 6, stream whole transponder and of course IP/port.

As client I prefer the VLC. On the desktop of the client pc I've stored a playlist with the URL. Just double click and you can watch any program of the transponder with all audio tracks and subtitles. Switching transponders can be done by the webserver.

Alas for reasons I don't know vlc doesn't work with DVBViewer's server. Btw. multicast should be generally avoided unless a powerful router is used ;)