Two different SAT receivers simultaneously

twsms

Hi,

I am using the DVBViewer and I am quite happy with it.

:)

There is, however, one problem I did not manage to solve:

Sometimes I would like to receive 1 channel and simultaneously record another from a different transponder.

:wub:

I tried to use 2 SS2 without success.

Did anyone really succeed in using 2 different receiver boards simultaneously?

For instance SS2 + PCTV SAT or SS2 + Technotrend SS1 or SS2 + NOVA?

Any hints are welcome!

By the way, I did search the forum but the only ting I found was the information that 2 SS2 boards do not run simultaneously without problems....

:)

TWSMS

Hi.

Regarding your problem with two dvb-s cards,I think you will find that due to the

boards being recognised as "Network cards "dvb-s cards like to be seen as a master(primary) not a secondary card,and you will have a conflict,also using the same bus may cause lock up's.

Having two of the same cards in the same pc,only one can use the driver at .

a time.

Hope this helps you.

P.s. I tried with Broadlogic 2030 and ss2 but problems,now have two pc's.

cheers james. :radscorpion:

@james:

...what do you mean with "master card"???

I've mounted up to 4 lan card on the same PC (a server, of course) without problem... (yes, you have to know how to configure them :rolleyes:)

@twsms

I think the main problem with two SS2 cards is the CPU double critical load and the difficulty to execute in multi-tasking two time-critical tasks... And what about the Overlay? Only one app at time can use it...

I've read elsewhere of two different card, at lest one with HW MPEG2 decode, with good results, a part the obvious initial configuration difficulties...

but for many reason I think the better solution is to have 2 PC, keeping in mind that for record you can use a relatively old and economic PC, with a BIG hd :radscorpion: ...

Cheers

Gioxy

@Gioxy:

I do not plan to view 2 channels at the same time but I would be happy if I could view one channel and record another.

PC Power should not be the problem as I use hardware mpeg decoding with my ATI card and under normal conditions my 2 GHz P4 uses less than 15% of its CPU Power.

Anyway, I bought a used Pinnacle PCTV-SAT and I will give it a try.

If anyone is interested, I will be back with the results as soon as I now if it works.

:radscorpion:

TWSMS