after some zapping dvbviewer hang

Marcone

Try also to change the renderer and the audio decoder...

I can also notice you have a mess of codecs: have you ever installed a CodecPack?

IMHO the most stable codec/DirectX combination you can use to investigate further on your prob is:

Renderer: Overlay

Video: CyberLink Video/SP Decoder

Video H.264: CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD7.x)

Audio: CyberLink Audio Decoder (PDVD7 UPnP)

Detection Audio/Video: No/No

NVidia bug: yes

Update/reinstall also your DirectX with the very last version (november 2007)...

...and monitor the CPU usage with some tool to see if the crash happen with the CPU at full gear...

:D

IMHO the most stable codec/DirectX combination you can use to investigate further on your prob is:

Renderer: Overlay

Video: CyberLink Video/SP Decoder

Video H.264: CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD7.x)

Audio: CyberLink Audio Decoder (PDVD7 UPnP)

Detection Audio/Video: No/No

NVidia bug: yes

thank you, with this combination of codec an render it works, but video quality is better with ffdshow any way to use it?

In any case ia am waiting for a skystar hd so I should try with this sat card. Nvidia bug should be on with ati cards also?

Marco

Nvidia bug should be on with ati cards also?

It was named "NVidia bug fix" only because it was noticed for the first time with NVidia cards, but it affect also ATI cards.

BTW, I can't be sure it is necessary in your configuration; most probably it was, but you can simply try untickening it and see what happens.

If you want dig more on this you can refer to this topic...