No picture/sound Terratec Piranha

madsun

Just purchased DVBViewer, installed wrapper and filter but i cant get no sound/video..

Did a channel scan, and all the channels are there..just no action. EPG is displayed.

Using a terratec piranha usb dongle with outdoor antenna, great signal strength so that should'nt be a problem

Using a purchased version of nivida decoders as well as fddshow, tried both without success...

Live in norway with nvt signals..mpeg4'n stuff :)

Any suggestions? Attaching the support.zip :-)

support.zip

• 1 month later...
Just purchased DVBViewer, installed wrapper and filter but i cant get no sound/video..

Did a channel scan, and all the channels are there..just no action. EPG is displayed.

Using a terratec piranha usb dongle with outdoor antenna, great signal strength so that should'nt be a problem

Using a purchased version of nivida decoders as well as fddshow, tried both without success...

Live in norway with nvt signals..mpeg4'n stuff :(

Any suggestions? Attaching the support.zip :-)

I don't think it can work right now (if ever). I have a piranha and it doesn't show any picture / play any sound either. Epg works nicely.

I just don't get it why so many DVB-software developers mess up the epg - same goes for tv-sets. The ONLY sensible thing to do is to have a matrix with the channels horizontally and the time vertically - much like in DVBViewer, which is why I wanted to use it. The software that comes with the Piranha is painfully bad and the developers should be shot for messing up such basic functionality. You can view the EPG for a single channel or for your favorites as a LIST. Come on!

EyeTV has it right too. Check it out if you're on a mac - it's the sweetest ever. Those guys understand interface design.

Oh well, I am rambling. I hope DVBViewer might work with the Piranha some day, but I read something to the effect that the Piranha is USB 1.1 and hence will never (?) work with DVBViewer.

-JJ

• 1 year later...

Is this device supported?

DVBViewer 4.1.1 detects it, but can't tune it (DVB-T), it displays only the last channel that was viewed in the original software, TerraTec Home Cinema. When changing channel, no picture or sound, changing back to the one that worked, works again.

Tried the tuning mode checkbox in hardware settings - no difference.