No sound no picture

Luuk

Hi,

I have a nova-s card which worked fine with DVB until today when I was trying to set up DVB to work with a second version of XP SP2 on another drive. I had to take out the video card and put it back in for XP to recognise it as new hardware. After installing the lates version of DVBViewer Pro I get sound but no picture and a pin error message. Under my old version of XP I get neither sound nor picture but no error message either. Interesting, my older version of DVB GE does work. I remember getting some earlier advice about it being a rendering problem so I played around with the overlay mixer, but to no avail.

What could be wrong?

Luuk

I discovered something very odd. When I try to rescan I do not get the usual list of transponders, but a very limited list with Astra1A, 1D and a few others but none of the ones I need (no Astra 19 and no astra 28). Very odd. They certainly appear in the DVB Transponders directory! What could be wroing?

Luuk

I discovered something very odd. When I try to rescan I do not get the usual list of transponders, but a very limited list with Astra1A, 1D and a few others but none of the ones I need (no Astra 19 and no astra 28). Very odd. They certainly appear in the DVB Transponders directory! What could be wroing?

Luuk

You stated that GE ver. is still functioning so can't be a dish unalignment...

Have you already tried to scan with Transedit? (download it from the Member area...)

;)

Edited by Gioxy

I discovered a possible reason. For reasons I do not understand the list of transponders from which to choose when I want to do a rescan is very limited (the ones I need, Astra 19 and 28, are missing), BUT the ini files for these are listed in the transponders directory. They just do not show up. Could that explain it all and what can be done about it? I did re-install once but kept the basic settings when uninstalling. Perhaps I should try a complete uninstall first.

Luuk

Or you can download an updated trasponder list from KingOfSat: look at this page, click on the diskette icon of the sat you want to download and put the file you get in the Trasponders folder...

Anyway as before I strong advise you to use TransEdit, is by far better than DVBViewer internal scan; a one time reading of the manual can be useful to set the many option it have. But if you don't want to fiddle too much, you can read only the part that explain how to scan leaving all the setting to the default value: that's enough to get more channel than DVBViewer itself...

;)

Edited by Gioxy

Thanks Gioxi. Sound advice. I also solved the problem by de-installing DVB completely and then re-installing. I still do not know what caused the problem in the first place.

PS. Apologies for the double postings (microwave was interfering with WiFi and I wasn't sure if the message had been sent or not).