iptv in beta

buttonsNI.

hello there lars

im curious to know how i might benefit from iptv .what is it and what do i need to receive it

at present i have an tt s2-3200+ci and are quite happy with the reception it gets however if there is a new technology out there that might help me interact with the providers ie pressing red /yellow/green/blue buttons on control for interactive services. at present there is no way to do this using the tuner card i use.

can you enlighten me as to what the iptv is all about

also i see from the beta release note that there is no mention of any improvements to the EVR

many thanks

Edited by buttonsNI.
iptv=DVB over IP. Just another way of transmitting. No interaction. You can call it DVB-I (I for internet) :)

ok well that explains what it means but you made no mention on whether what i have got now is better,the same ,or worse than iptv

you also have not mentioned whether i need hardware and what this hardware is or does the dvdviewer software do all the work.

also what are the views within the development teams on the EVR problems that still exist ie freezing ,crashing etc.

your help is appreciated

You need a iptv provider. You need a network card, no special hardware. DVB-S is better.

also what are the views within the development teams on the EVR problems that still exist ie freezing ,crashing etc.

?? It's just another way to transmit DVB, what should that change? There is no freezing, no crashing in the viewer and evr sucks.

You need a iptv provider. You need a network card, no special hardware. DVB-S is better.

?? It's just another way to transmit DVB, what should that change? There is no freezing, no crashing in the viewer and evr sucks.

well then the crashing and freezing must be caused by these drivers i got.....sounds like you dont like EVR .i believe there are still a few bugs with it that ms need to address first before anyone can write software for it

thankyou for the patience and the answers to my questions

I'm amazing if there was yet (or if it can be at all) free IPTV provider...

no there isn't. That's not what I said. Normaly you go to some company and say "hey I want TV over the internet" and they sell you a big ass dsl (or vdsl) connection for a lot of eus and a abo for their IPTV stuff (also for a lot of eus :) ). And they make it technically possible that you can receive the iptv stuff with your dsl connection.

Don't ask me about anything specific, I don't know. I don't have such fancy shmancy expensive toys, I only program it into the viewer with the help of some helpful users. :)

That's not what I said. Normaly you go to some company and say "hey I want TV over the internet"

Sorry, maybe I mislead you, I dont' meant that...

I know what IPTV are, here in Italy there are actually 4 IPTV providers and the first of them was born 7-8 years ago... Nowadays my phone company was offering (from the end of 2007) a lot of channels for 7€/month (it's a promo, normally costs 15€/month)...

But sometime there are "free" experiments to test a (new) tecnology before the commercial launch - you surely remember the DVB-S MPEG2-HD testings - I mainly minded that kind of things...

BTW, there are a lot of free Web-TV, why not free IPTV? It seems to me that there aren't technical limitations, but only commercial one, isn't it?

:)

Edited by Gioxy
It seems to me that there aren't technical limitations, but only commercial one, isn't it?

Well first of all DVB over IP does need bandwidth (a lot of it) so not every dsl connection can be used for it. It doesn't degrade (choose lower bitrate resolution if the use has not enough bandwidth).

And there are for sure legal and of course commercial considerations.

• 3 weeks later...
Well first of all DVB over IP does need bandwidth (a lot of it) so not every dsl connection can be used for it. It doesn't degrade (choose lower bitrate resolution if the use has not enough bandwidth).

And there are for sure legal and of course commercial considerations.

Hmm, what did happen with the 3.9.3.0 beta?

Cant find it anywhere??

\\ Jonas

Edited by jonasn3