Subtitles missing in full screen secondary display

ivier

Sorry for another subject about subtitles, but I couldn't find this particular issue in other threads.

I'm running DVBViewer 3.9.2 in Win XP, having TFT as primary display and a conventional tv as a secondary. Nvidia display adapter handles the displays as independent ones. DVBViewer video is displayed windowed in primary display, fullscreen in TV. Quite ordinary setup, I guess.

DVBViewer shows dvb subtitles ok in TFT, but they are completely missing on secondary display. It doesn't make difference if I'm watching the tv programs directly or if I test with previously recorded programs. I would blame Nvidia about this, but I checked playing back the same video with VLC player. It shows dvb subtitles just ok on secondary display as well.

DVBViewer seems to have numerous configuration options for rendering and decoding -- none of which I'd know anything about. I wonder if reconfiguring these might help with the issue at hand? Any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

I am having the same problem. Tried every possible combination (I guess) of rendering / decoding but couldn't get it to work.

I have Sapphire HD2400 XT card, running Win XP. First display is 7" tft-screen (shows subtitles fine), secondary is sometimes regular tv and sometimes projector.

Would love to sort this out, any help is appreciated.

DVBViewer shows dvb subtitles ok in TFT, but they are completely missing on secondary display. It doesn't make difference if I'm watching the tv programs directly or if I test with previously recorded programs. I would blame Nvidia about this, but I checked playing back the same video with VLC player. It shows dvb subtitles just ok on secondary display as well.
Hiya,

I am having the same problem. Tried every possible combination (I guess) of rendering / decoding but couldn't get it to work.

I have Sapphire HD2400 XT card, running Win XP. First display is 7" tft-screen (shows subtitles fine), secondary is sometimes regular tv and sometimes projector.

Would love to sort this out, any help is appreciated.

try VMR7 works for me with ati radeon hd2600xt and extended mode enable

I tested with the suggested video rendering setting, but the problem persists.

Attached is the support.zip file.

The tv cards used are a FireDTV and a FloppyDTV card, driver version 4.8.0.0 (file FireDTV_BDA_DVBC.sys) from the latest integrated driver package.

Motherboard is an Intel DG9650T

Graphics card is Asus NVidia Geforge 7600 GS.

Any help appreciated.

support.zip

Thanks for this, I tried with that earilier but didn't help then.

Now I got it to work (don't ask how). The combination that worked for me is

VMR7 Video Mixing Renderer + ffdshow Video Decoder.

Thanks for your tip!

try VMR7 works for me with ati radeon hd2600xt and extended mode enable
Thanks for this, I tried with that earilier but didn't help then.

Now I got it to work (don't ask how). The combination that worked for me is

VMR7 Video Mixing Renderer + ffdshow Video Decoder.

Thanks for your tip!

I went through different rendering & decoding settings (including VMR7) but couldn't find a combination that would solve the problem. I didn't find the extended mode setting, on the other hand. I'm a bit hesitant to download the free ffdshow decoder, as it seems to get updated quite often. And more importantly, VLC player shows the subtitles without any additional decoders, as I explained before. Thanks for the hints though!