Can't get a certain HD channel ! Any help ?

blizzarduk

I have a SkyStar HD card. A new channel called Sky Sports 3 HD has started on 17th of this month on Astra 2D, but no matter how many times I re scan for channels it never appears. I have tried adding in the frequency manually but again it doesn't work. I tried to scan again today but it is still not showing up. I have the correct sub card so it should work, I think every other channel is there.

Any help ? I am using the pro version.

Edited by blizzarduk

Thanks for that, it sorted it :bye: I notice the channel says it is only at 10 to 13mbit, when most of the HD channels are 16 to 18mbit. Is this a case of Sky cramming in too many HD channels ?

Edited by blizzarduk

I had trouble adding the 3 new channels myself (worked ok with the app that came with my sat card) and even after manually entering the channel info they just wouldn't work:)

Anyhow the ini file worked a charm and yep the transponder is currently running 3 1080i HD channels and the stat-muxing is in overtime, that said the three shows (WWE, Chuck & Larry and Curse of Golden Flower) are not showing signs of breakup despite the bitrate falling into single figures at time.

Either SKY have improved their encoding or this is just a temporary measure until Premiere Movies and FX HD launch officially.

I added the 3 HD Channels Friday evening with Transedit.Sport HD3,Movies Premiere and the 3823.

The 3823 seems to be planed for FXHD,but as you can see with the movie Titles mentioned

it's the same as Box Office HD1 Channel ! And it's working fine with my HDTV Smartcard without ordering

anything!Thanks for this Easter bonus.

I think they are using a new encoder with variable Bitrate on this new Transponder,i hope that

the problem with the AC3 Audio-Dropouts is gone with the new encoder!

Will watch the recorded movies later to check.

Please could someone explain how to fix DVBViewer to properly scan for these stations?

According to lyngsat, the settings in Transponders/0282.ini are wrong. In the shipped DVBViewer it reads:

50=11856,V,27500,23,1,0,|BSkyB

lyngsat (http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/28east.html) says the settings are

11856, V, 29500-3/4

I changed it to read

50=11856,V,29500,34,5,1,|DVB-S2

But when I tell DVBViewer to scan 11856MHz, it still trys to use 27500. Why is it ignoring my changes to the ini file?

I admit that I don't know what the "5,1,|DVB-S2" is...

Thanks.

Edited by usenet

Had the same problem.So i tried with Transedit and this worked.Just download Transedit from the Member Section

and paste it in the DVBV mainfolder.From there you can run the Transedit exe,which is a very interesting tool!

It could depend on the dvb-s2 demodulator. With cards from hauppauge or the firedtv-s2 "pilot symbols" and all the parameters have to be exactly set. With other cards pilot symbols are detected automatically and also fec and modulatation can be set to auto. The demodulator will find the correct paramters automatically..

51=11856,V,29500,34,5,1,|03.26: BSkyB

is from my attached 0282.ini (qpsk, 3/4, dvb-s2).

I can't tell whether this transponder uses pilot symbols or not. You could try it with pilot symbols (from transedit):

51=11856,V,29500,34,133,1,|03.26: BSkyB