Cannot select between DVD drives.

Kommakul

Hi.

I have one physical DVD-drive (H:) and have mounted an iso file as another (I:) using Daemon tools.

As expected I get the Drives OSD with the choice between the two drives, but no matter which drive I select it will always play the dvd in the physical drive.

If there is no DVD in the physical drive I can play the mounted image.

If there is no DVD in the physical drive and I mount another iso file (J:), I get the OSD, but again it will only play the first file.

Is it a bug or what am I doing wrong. Haven't found any similar posts.

Thanks in advance

Christian

Sorry.

Support.zip attached.

TV-card: Hauppauge HVR-1300 Driver version: 2.121.25351.0

Chipset: Intel® 915 Express Chipset Family

Videocard (Integrated): Intel® 82915G/82910GL/82915GV/82910GL Express Chipset Family Driver version: 6.14.10.4396

Do you need anything else?

Christian

support.zip

• 7 months later...

I have exactly the same problem here. I have set Daemon Tools to mount isos in the settings, but for DVD Playback there is no option to select between the physical and virtual drive. If I try to open an .iso file using "Open Video" I always get an error.

OK here is the error message I get when I try to open an .iso with "DVBViewer>Open Video" having set DVBViewer to automount isos using Daemon Tools.

th_isoerror.jpg

I can also confirm that if I manually mount an .iso using Daemon Tools in F virtual drive and have another DVD in E drive, if I select DVD Playback>Play, whether I select E:\ or the virtual drive F:\, the real E drive always loads.

Using Hauppauge Nova HD-S2, driver 2.122.26109.0, Gigabyte MA78GM-S2H AMD 780G, 3200 HD int. graphics, 8.10 Catalyst, Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.1.

support.zip

Edited by dvbrewer
  • 3 months later...
Hi.

I have one physical DVD-drive (H:) and have mounted an iso file as another (I:) using Daemon tools.

As expected I get the Drives OSD with the choice between the two drives, but no matter which drive I select it will always play the dvd in the physical drive.

If there is no DVD in the physical drive I can play the mounted image.

If there is no DVD in the physical drive and I mount another iso file (J:), I get the OSD, but again it will only play the first file.

Is it a bug or what am I doing wrong. Haven't found any similar posts.

Thanks in advance

Christian

This problem has still not been fixed with DVBViewer 4.0- using Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.3, if I mount an ISO to drive F before opening DVBViewer, and also have a physical DVD in drive E, if I go to open a DVD in DVBViewer and select F, Drive E, the physical drive still plays.

• 2 weeks later...
This problem has still not been fixed with DVBViewer 4.0- using Daemon Tools Lite 4.30.3, if I mount an ISO to drive F before opening DVBViewer, and also have a physical DVD in drive E, if I go to open a DVD in DVBViewer and select F, Drive E, the physical drive still plays.

Can any mod acknowledge this problem please? There has been no response since March....

• 1 month later...
Can any mod acknowledge this problem please? There has been no response since March....

When they don't respond after repeated requests, it simply means they can't [be bothered] fixing it.

Which is curious considering they went to all the effort of implementing it the first place, only to have the entire thing fail.

A bit like the lack of English translation, they have a little relating to a prehistoric version of DVBViewer, got bored, and haven't bothered updating it.

even www.DVBViewer.com has some bizarre attempt at English 'Lighten the candles'???