Record Settings - Recorder Window

Henk

I wanted to take up the subject again of having the entry of the item that is currently recording remain visible in the record widdow and to be able to update and change the length or the end of the recording while the recording is taking place.

I found this a very useful feature in earlier versions. Just yesterday again, a show started much later than the EPG had shown. And even though I usually add 10 or 15 minutes to account for such delays much of the transmissions got cut off at the end.

I noticed that it was showing late as I was watching it on the big screen in the living room but couldn´t do anything to extend the recording time once it had started recording!

Henk

in next release you can stop the endtime for recording and use the sleeptimer for stop the record.

Steffen

I understand that I can then cancel the stop recording funtion which means it would go on recording indefinitely but then send the whole DVBViewer to sleep later in order to stop it!?

I still like the feature where you could see what is going on in the record window, when it is scheduled to stop and where you can edit it, i.e. let it continue to record for a certain time longer and at the same time see what is scheduled for recording next, wether it is it overlapping or not etc. plus perhaps add later recordings w/o sending the whole DVBViewer to sleep.

I mean just the way it was in some of the previous releases, it seemed to be working fine and was a real nice feature. Would it be so difficult to maintain when we had it up and running already?

Henk

but then send the whole DVBViewer to sleep later in order to stop it!?

Of course not... the sleeptimer is able to stop a recording without closing the DVBViewer :blush:

It seemed to be working fine and was a real nice feature. Would it be so difficult to maintain when we had it up and running already?

You are right... it seemed. But it didn't really. Too complicated in combination with all this daily and weekly and switching over to a channel without recording and support for recorder-plugins etc... Fixed one thing, and something else went wrong. I don't want to pick up this mess again... sorry.

Griga