WinTV-CI and DVBViewer

mmar2087

Hi.

I'm interested in DVBViewer.

Made a test with Transedit and found out that my receiver works. (Nova TD from Hauppauge)

The question is if my CI, WinTV-Ci from Hauppauge, will work to decode encrypted channels?

Have a CAM for Viaccess (Sweden, terrestrial television)

It doesn't work well with Hauppauges own program WinTV.

Tried it with the demo version of Sceneos "TV Central", and there it works fine.

Will it work with DVBViewer?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hi.

I'm interested in DVBViewer.

Made a test with Transedit and found out that my receiver works. (Nova TD from Hauppauge)

The question is if my CI, WinTV-Ci from Hauppauge, will work to decode encrypted channels?

Have a CAM for Viaccess (Sweden, terrestrial television)

It doesn't work well with Hauppauges own program WinTV.

Tried it with the demo version of Sceneos "TV Central", and there it works fine.

Will it work with DVBViewer?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

I have been struggling with WinTV-CI device and a Conax CAM for weeks and finally yesterday I got it to work with DBViewer. I can only get it to work if I use the version 4.0 of the driver for the USB-device. Rest of drivers must be 4.2 since i have a WinTV-HVR-4000. There are still some issues switching from a coded channel on DVB-S to DVB-T which I suspect is caused by the WinTV-CI interface. Except from that, it works great.

Regards

DolKBg

I have been struggling with WinTV-CI device and a Conax CAM for weeks and finally yesterday I got it to work with DBViewer. I can only get it to work if I use the version 4.0 of the driver for the USB-device. Rest of drivers must be 4.2 since i have a WinTV-HVR-4000. There are still some issues switching from a coded channel on DVB-S to DVB-T which I suspect is caused by the WinTV-CI interface. Except from that, it works great.

Regards

DolKBg

Hi and thanks for your answer!

The drivers I'm using followed with WinTV-CI. According to markings on the CD it's "v4.0a".

How about settings for WinTV-CI in DVBViewer? You wrote that you've been struggling for weeks.

Are there many settings to alter inside DVBViewer to get WinTV-CI to work?

Or was the struggle mainly to find the correct driver configuration (4 for CI and 4,2 for HVR-4000)?

In TVCentral, where I got Nova-TD and WinTV-CI to work, it's only a checkbox to verify that a CI is used.

Regards

Martin

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm using WINTV-CI with DVBViewer 4.2.1.0, and it works. However when switching between encoded channels I often get the error message: (1) You are not entitled to watch this program.

After pressing escape the error screens disappears I can watch the channel.

Since the error does not occur every time, but mostly, it looks like a timing problem in the interaction with the WINTV-CI.

Any thoughts?

• 7 months later...

Hello,

Could WinTV-CI decrypt HD payTv channels so that watching them in DVBViewer? I have heard it was impossible to watch encrypted HD Channels, but only free HD.

Thanks

Yes DVBViewer can do this but they will only give support for services where official CAMs are availiable, i.e. that excludes all NDS based (i.e.Sky) services.