CAM menu and subscription status

Curlo

I have TT S2-3200, with CI-interface 1.1 and Technisat CONAX CA-module. I am using Canal Digital scandinavia official card for THOR 0.8W. When I would like to see subscription status for my channels from CAM-menu, it shows nothing. All menus from CA work fine, but they don't show any dates for different channel orderings (just blank). DVBViewer and ttBDA are latest ones. Technotrend own software works 100% fine and shows everything OK. I tested with older ttbda drivers, nothing different. Watching channels work fine, but I have to use TT software to check for how long time my keys are updated.

Edit: Sometimes when I change canal digital channels CAM menu pops up for 0.5 seconds and exits, maybe that's another problem or normal feature.

Edited by Curlo

Yes it seems. Well they aren't fatal errors, but errors however and more fatal could be there to show up when I watch channels more. Just started to use CI interface few days ago.

Well tried with another cam: smardtv conax. Channel changing is a bit slower and subscription status shows something but not everything.

Like: Nordic 1 dates ok!

Nordic 2 dates ok!

Nordic 5 dates ok!

HD dates not ok!

instead it show #%¤ some weird symbols

and again TT software shows 100% ok with this cam.

please start the viewer with the -debug commandline. open the MMI Menu in question, close it. Please do this with both cams. It seems they send several controlcodes which disturb the display.

And then use the supporttool and post the generated support.zip here.

Well, maybe we should not trust the TT-API too much. Did you try another API based software? (like ProgDVB) Would be interesting to know.

It would be way better if the TT-Media Center was also based on the very same API. Then everything would be more up-to-date and better maintained...

Yeah, I don't have that smardtv cam anymore I took that back to the shop. But here is a support file from technisat cam. I also noticed that, DVBViewer crashed when I exit. Also tried that it didn't crash in exit if I didn't visit in CAM menu, or that just pure luck. Maybe you see reason from support file for crash. I didn't have never any crashes before with DVBViewer, only now when I started to use CI module (or is that now I watch h.264 channels with EVR!/PowerDVD ATI DXVA2 much more because of canal digital and some buggy EVR stuff from MS causes it).

Off topic question (or bug): There is no support for MCE remote 2005 plugin for Vista64 (only vista32)? Or at least it won't work, what ever I do.

support.zip

Hrmpf. Of course the relevant procedure does not have the debug code in it. :) I must have removed it. But I have an idea why it crashes.

I'll send you a PM.

Actually I think that technotrend has some other major problem with these latest s2-3200 drivers. I have had now total system lock ups when using CI, where only hard reset helps. Had them never before. Has anyone experienced similar. I tried to read from DVBNetwork but is so slow server I can't find anything. I don't know is it some incompatibility with my motherboard (intel 945G chipset) or what, but I remember that I had similar lock ups after sleep when I used 4.x drivers from TT. In readme file from TT for drivers says some IRQ tweaking, maybe there are fundamental problem which occur only in spesific combination of hardware.