Weird/Orange colors with EVR and Cyberlink

TJMacGyver

I just got a new computer, and I reinstalled Windows Vista Premium (not SP1) and all software.

Before I used Cyberlink MPEG2 video decoder and the EVR renderer with great picture qulity and stability.

any of the other combinations I have tried havent deinterlaced properly, and have been crazy artifacted.

But now when I change the renderer to Vista enhanced Video renderer, I get all messed up colors.

almost everything is yellow/orange/purple.

If I record the TV broadcast, it looks good in replay in other player >_<

How can I get this to work? I need to use the EVR, as it is far superior picture quality.

Regards

Is it not possible to change what colorspace the renderer uses?

or do you think it will fix it if I install SP1 for vista?

the problem is that it's not out for my version of Vista yet (Danish)

It sounds a color space converter need.

I don't think it's a Vista problem; it must be a codec conflict.

Remove all of your codec packs.

And reinstall just PowerDVD for instance.

Edited by ricabullah

I don't have any coedec packs installed.

I have the following (newest versions):

Xvid

ffdshow

AC3filter

PowerDVD Ultra deluxe 7,3

Before the new computer, I had SP1 RC installed on Vista.

Edited by TJMacGyver
I don't have any coedec packs installed.

I have the following (newest versions):

Xvid

ffdshow

AC3filter

PowerDVD Ultra deluxe 7,3

Before the new computer, I had SP1 RC installed on Vista.

Hi, guys !

Somewhere here in the forum I read that EVR is always expanding colours if you use HDTV resolutions...

So if you view HDTV it is not a problem, because the film is intended to be displayed expanded.

The problem then occurs, if you view PAL, because it is originally not intended to be displayed expanded.

The solution for ATI grafic cards is one of the famous registry tweaks, which makes the graphic card always use the non expanded mode.

Afterwards PAL and HDTV are both displayed expanded by EVR, and you can correct that through the display sliders.

This is how I came over the problem...

Best regards

maier2505

I am viewing a PAL signal.

But it's on a Thinkpad X61s with an Intel x3100 onboard chip.

Is it correct that it has nothing to do with the resolutions the video is viewed at, but the "resolution" it's received in? (PAL)

I have no idea how to use this info to fix the problem >_<

Regards

I am viewing a PAL signal.

But it's on a Thinkpad X61s with an Intel x3100 onboard chip.

Is it correct that it has nothing to do with the resolutions the video is viewed at, but the "resolution" it's received in? (PAL)

I have no idea how to use this info to fix the problem :)

Regards

If you view a PAL signal, it is produced in normal...

If you set the output to 720p or 1080, EVR will use expanded colours, I suppose...

Give it a try to output 576i...

Best regards

maier2505

But how?

I have NO idea how change that.

I have been looking in all the options/settings pages that I can find, and nothing.

Regards

I expected , that you are using an external TV or Monitor....

It is the screen resolution, what you have to change...

So do a try with 800x600 or so, that may be near enough at PAL, may be EVR will not expand...

Best regards

maier2505

Sorry but this just makes no sense.

I was running with this renderer just fine in both 1600*1024 and 1360*768 bebfore I reinstalled windows.

Also I can't see how the screen resolution can have an efffect on the colors, it's also there when it's running in a window.

Come on this is realy anoying!

I can't be the only one with this problem.

I just reinstalled my system, and it's the same problem.

I just installed DVBViewer on my roomates laptop, its the same problem!

Before the reinstall I was able to run EVR combined with ffdshow, not as good picture quality as with Cyberlink codecs though.

Also it is apparently not a problem for Vista Media center to use the EVR.

#EDIT

BTW I don't believe in the theory that the screen resolution would have anything to do with this, as it's the same in all the different resolutions that I'm using.

#EDIT

When I tune a channel with the EVR enabled, I get a split second of normal colors, and then it switches to the weird/orange/purple/over saturated picture

Edited by TJMacGyver

Just an example picture of how it looks.

And for some reason I can't use "Unchanged" or "Overlay Mixer" anymore. Which I was on both the last computer and this one before I reinstalled.

post-54994-1208530954_thumb.jpg

Just an example picture of how it looks.

And for some reason I can't use "Unchanged" or "Overlay Mixer" anymore. Which I was on both the last computer and this one before I reinstalled.

Hi, again !

This is definitely not the effect I described with the expanding...

With expanding you get a slight grey instead of black, but not that...

I have really no guess where that comes from...

I am using Vista together with DVBViewer only with EVR, I cannot use overlay either...

But with EVR everything should be o.k.

Is this picture with enabled Cyberlink Codec ?

Best regards

maier2505

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this as a fault before, with all the required information and the admin asked me to talk to Intel - it looks it only happens with Intel chipsets.

Intel told me, in other words, to bugger off.

It only happens when using EVR. So I decided to try another set of H.264 decoders - and CoreAVC is working fine VMR9 (http://www.coreavc.com), a bit more smooth. I am still testing but they have a 14-day trial if you want to give it a go...

Post your experience with it later.

Yeah I saw that thread.

Thanks for the tip about CoreSVC, but I only receive mpeg2 channels, så it has nothing to do with the H.264 codec.

I can get a normal picture with WMR9 renderer, but after a few minutes, I get choppy playback and it's very unstable., same for WMR7

So the only one I can use is the overlay mixer, but that doens't work if i run a high resolution :bye:

This software realy sucks after I got a laptop with an Intel chipset graphics adaptor!

Regards

TJMacGyver

Yes, the whole thing is around the Intel chipset and the Intel reply to my support contact was "bugger off, we don't do support, contact your manufacturer" - on a problem that affects ALL manufacturers using their chipset...