Best media centre type front-end to work with DVBViewer?

safcsat

Can anyone pls tell me what the best media centre type front-end is that works well with DVBViewer pro? I love DVBViewer and consider it money well spent so want to keep it, BUT, i need a fancy media centre type front end to work with it to keep missus happy ;-)

Any suggestions pls?

I personnaly use DVBViewer as a recording engine for SageTV and it's pretty solid (DVBViewer is making all the recordings for SageTV using two DVB-T tuners and one DVB-S + CI tuner).

I created a recorder plugin for SageTV to use DVBViewer as the recording engine (it may have some limitations especially with CAM but nothing serious if you only have one CAM enabled device).

Regards,

Stéphane.

Sounds like a good option. So am I right in thinking once I use DVBViewer as a recording engine for STV, via your plugin, I will be able to use STV as normal and watch DVB-S/S2 channels - all because DVBViewer is running in the background and just "feeding" STV? Or is it ONLY for recording?

This is the concinnity 3D OSD Skin.

But it is not the easy to install Skin. :)

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=23169

You need the concinnity_3D_05012008.zip and than Updat concinnity_3D_Update_26032008.zip (overwriting the files with the Update).

And than the Menu_English.zip

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...c=23528&hl=

If you have trouble with installing ask in the English topic.

haha now i feel stupid!!! lol.

guess i should have checked 1st, those skins look more than good enough for what i need. cheers! :)

Hehe, don't feel stupid. I was playing with DVBViewer, and it had already convinced me it was the best DTV software around, and then I hit ESC...

Downloading new skin now.

Sounds like a good option. So am I right in thinking once I use DVBViewer as a recording engine for STV, via your plugin, I will be able to use STV as normal and watch DVB-S/S2 channels
Yes you'll be able to watch DVB-S/S2 channel in STV (provided SageTV can handle the playback of the recorded material). DVBViewer is a "slave" for SageTV, all features of SageTV are available exactly as if SageTV was doing the recording itself.

Regards,

Stéphane.