Nothing ever shows in the Recordings database

Kuni

Hi,

Latest beta and 2 previous versions (all I've tried)

I can record things, and in the Recording Status, it shows that a show is recording. The when I stop it, the Recorded Shows displays nothing. The file is created at a .mpg and is playable, it's just that the database never gets updated.

Please ensure that you have the rights to create files in the database folder in your userdata folder (in your case the program folder of the DVBViewer).

It seems, the viewer is not able to create the database files.

Please ensure that you have the rights to create files in the database folder in your userdata folder (in your case the program folder of the DVBViewer).

It seems, the viewer is not able to create the database files.

Thanks Lars.

Now it gets strange. I have full rights to that directory. I've also installed DVBViewer on my WORK PC (Administrator rights) and my work LAPTOP, All three now have the same problem.

Attached support.zip from work PC.

support.zip

let's try the following:

open the usermode.ini in the DVBViewer folder and set

UserMode=2

Does it work then?

Will try on my HTPC and Laptop when I get home.

HOWEVER deletion and reinstall on my work PC fixed it!! There is now a Database folder (nothing in it, but it now resumes playback from stopped .avi's)

Thanks for your prompt support.

PS does DVbvservice1.4 need to be updated/upgraded to take advantage of the latest DB structure in 3.9.3.35?

Well the service needs to be updated to take advantage of the extended channels.dat structure but there are some more changes upcoming in the next beta so I wait a little bit with the service update.

It only affects the EPG Settings (EIT, internal, external) since the service does not need volume or audiochannel. And the service does not interfere with it, because it does not write the channels.dat.

Well the service needs to be updated to take advantage of the extended channels.dat structure but there are some more changes upcoming in the next beta so I wait a little bit with the service update.

It only affects the EPG Settings (EIT, internal, external) since the service does not need volume or audiochannel. And the service does not interfere with it, because it does not write the channels.dat.

Fixed!

UserMode=2 did the trick

Thanks Lars.