How to set up DiseqC correctly

themaster1

I have bought a monobloc lnb in order to receive 2 sats hotbird 13° east/astra 19° east the which understand diseqC 1.0. instructions.

My dish point toward Hotbird, so hotbird would be position A i believe

What would be a suitable configuration for these 2 sats in DVBViewer (v3.92)

Example

HB : position A/option A

Astra : position A / option B

or else?

Also,

What am i supposed to enter in the diseqC editor ?

I appreciate your help

If Hotbird 'first' LNB and to use adjusting the dish (see monobloc doc),

then Hotbird = PosA/OptA

and Astra 1 = PosB/OptA

Well i found out, strangely enough it's the following one:

Astra 19° = PosA/OptA

Hotbird 13°= PosB/OptA

HB being the sat my dish point to, so that's kind of mysterious.

..no, it's not mysterious :bye: It depends on the switch and the wiring inside your monoblock. Where your dish is pointing is not relevant for diseqc. Standing behind your dish, Astra 19E is more to the left and Hotbird is more to the right, if the dish is pointing in between. Because the dish is a mirror, the left lnb of the monoblock receives the signal from the right satellite (hotbird) and viceversa. If the left lnb is connected by A/A Astra will be B/A.

..no, it's not mysterious :bye: It depends on the switch and the wiring inside your monoblock. Where your dish is pointing is not relevant for diseqc. Standing behind your dish, Astra 19E is more to the left and Hotbird is more to the right, if the dish is pointing in between. Because the dish is a mirror, the left lnb of the monoblock receives the signal from the right satellite (hotbird) and viceversa. If the left lnb is connected by A/A Astra will be B/A.

I understand the mirror principle but i still don't understand the Pa/Ba / Pb/Ba principle

My logic being the following one:

The default LNB of this monobloc is HB (LNB on the left) (that's for certain) hence, in my mind, the assumption i made HB= Position A Astra = Position B

I guess i should open the monobloc for an insight lol

Actually we should discuss semantics i believe: what means "Position" and what means "Option" as far as DiseqC is concerned.