Channels on new frequence Astra-12721,H,5/6

sanderik

:) TV-Vlaanderen is changing the frequence from 12669Mhz,V,5/6 to 12721Mhz,H,5/6 for all dutch channels.

Scanning this new frequence result in "BLUE INDICATED CHANNELS" in the list.

From 9/5/2008 the Radio channels should working only on the new frequence but they won't.

The TV-channels will work on the 2 frequences till 1/7/2008.

I thought first it would be a hardwareproblem with the FIRE-DTV-S decoder and tried the application they delivred from origine.

I added in that app manually the new frequence and all channels are working on the new frequence too.

What about blue indicated channels? I thougt this was only for MPEG4 (High Television) channels.

How to resolve this problem? ;)

support.zip

If every transponder transponder change would be reported as a bug the list would get very long. It's your own responsibility to change your settings when your provider switches transponders.

Just uncheck dvb-s2 !

TV Vlaanderen does no have HDTV transmissions on astra 19.2°E but only on 23.5°E.

Start de channel editor an delete the channels that you don't need.

If every transponder transponder change would be reported as a bug the list would get very long. It's your own responsibility to change your settings when your provider switches transponders.

Just uncheck dvb-s2 !

First of all...The DVB-S2 is 'UNCHECKED'.

Before talking about responsability and becoming rude, you need to read first the complete message.

I try to understand what it's mean when new channels are shown in blue after a new channelscan. As I sead I thought this where HD channels but in this case for the Belgian TV-Vlaanderen it is not. After a test with another application the new freq. is ok.

DVB-S2 channels are characterized by the colour blue. Just delete these channels or buy a dvbs2-card.

FIRE-DTV delivered from origin the application "MyTheatre". Now they recommend DVBViewer or the new Fire-DTV viewer (DVBViewer LE).

As I wrote in my first note. With MyTheatre the channels on the new frequence are working well. This proves the hardware is not the issue but it is the software!!!

Dag sanderik. Even rustig blijven. Ik heb ook TV-Vlaanderen en gebruik FloppyDTV-S2 en DVBViewer sinds enkele jaren. Ik heb hier geen enkel probleem met de ontvangst van de gewone kanalen of de HD-kanalen. Je moet eerst je probleem zo concreet mogelijk uitleggen. Er kunnen vele oorzaken zijn voor jouw probleem. En ik spreek uit ervaring. Ik ga nu verder in het Engels zodanig dat de anderen hier op het forum, alhoewel ze hier weinig boodschap aan hebben, toch nog een beetje kunnen volgen.

Sorry guy's, just a few words in Dutch language. (strange language, not?)

I have also a TV-Vlaanderen subscription, use a FloppyDTV-S2 receiver and use of course DVBViewer (latest Beta).

Have told sanderik to tell me what exact the problem is because I don't have any problem to receive the SD and HD channels from TV-Vlaanderen with DVBViewer.

Dag sanderik. Even rustig blijven. Ik heb ook TV-Vlaanderen en gebruik FloppyDTV-S2 en DVBViewer sinds enkele jaren. Ik heb hier geen enkel probleem met de ontvangst van de gewone kanalen of de HD-kanalen. Je moet eerst je probleem zo concreet mogelijk uitleggen. Er kunnen vele oorzaken zijn voor jouw probleem. En ik spreek uit ervaring. Ik ga nu verder in het Engels zodanig dat de anderen hier op het forum, alhoewel ze hier weinig boodschap aan hebben, toch nog een beetje kunnen volgen.

Sorry guy's, just a few words in Dutch language. (strange language, not?)

I have also a TV-Vlaanderen subscription, use a FloppyDTV-S2 receiver and use of course DVBViewer (latest Beta).

Have told sanderik to tell me what exact the problem is because I don't have any problem to receive the SD and HD channels from TV-Vlaanderen with DVBViewer.

Thanks for your reply. (en ja voor anderstaligen moet het wel een eigenaardig taaltje zijn...al is mijn Engels ook niet foutloos)

I try again to explain once more and precisly what's wrong.

I have a FIREDTV-S and FireDTV-T Tuner both with CI-slot.

For the receipt of the Belgian TV-Vlaanderen channels the chosen frequence for both radio and TV was 12669Mhz,V,FEC 5/6. Till 9/5/2008 everything worked fine for radio and TV.

Now I still have the TV-channels on 12669Mhz and this should work till 1/7/2008.

TV-Vlaanderen allready changed the frequence fot radio too the new frequence at 12721Mhz,H,FEC 5/6. Scanning this freq. give those channels in DVBViewer in blue color, indicate that this is a HD channel that can be received with a DVB-S2 tuner/decoder. This is not a right information.

Here I understand that you don't have any problems because you allready have a DVB-S2 tuner.

I don't know why DVBViewer indicate by selecting a channel on the new freq. that there is no hardware because with the same hardware and by using MyTheatre I can see both radio and TV-channels on the new frequence too.

As Derrick wrote to unselect DVB-S2 I gave the remark allready that it was unchecked! Here I tried once to select the S2 and the info (no hardware) dissapeared.

Because I didn't receive any image or sound on the new freq. and my tuner/decoder is not an S2 I unchecked it again.

I really like DVBViewer and prefer to keep it but if I need to chose to buy a new decoder (S2) only for non-HD channels (TV-Vlaanderen) than I prefer to work again with MyTheatre. All the changes since DVB-s (ANALOG) from 1990 till today cost extreamly too much money and I would only accept new hardware when bettre image quality would be a fact.

I hope I was clearly now?

I work with the latest firmware and the latest software...also basicly the tuner is installed on a Vista (64bit) PC but before I posted this problem on this forum I reinstalled hard- and software again on another XP-32bit PC.

regards

sanderik

Dag sanderik. Even rustig blijven. Ik heb ook TV-Vlaanderen en gebruik FloppyDTV-S2 en DVBViewer sinds enkele jaren.

..maar @sanderik heeft geen DVB-S2 en dat is hier ook helemaal niet nodig :)

sanderik, your problem seems to be a messed up transponder list. 12721H is good old DVB-S.

Try to import this ini into your channel list.

OK

First to say I use Windows XP Pro SP3.

So, some hardware can behave different in Vista comparing with XP.

I only used DVBViewer 1 month on Vista and turned back to Windows XP. Because of hardware and software compatibility.

And the EVR videorender is not so much better than overlay or VMR 9. Don't understand why some people persist on using Vista. It just gives more problems than solutions. But this a personal meaning of course.

So, now to your problem.

The new TV-Vlaanderen frequency 12721 H (22000 symbolrate - 5/6 Fec ) was in the past used by Anixe HD (HD DVB-S2 channel - now on 11914 H ).

It is possible that this frequency in the transponder list for Astra 19.2°E is not up to date!

2 possibilities

* You can use TransEdit Scanner & editor 3.2.0 (donwnload area website DVBViewer - section main application) to edit this frequency. See in attachment the screen image from TransEdit.

* Or. Open DVBViewer - goto menu ABOUT --> INFO --> tab VERSIONINFO --> click on the blue full path

You will be directed to your DVBViewer's configuration folder --> goto Transponders map --> goto Astra1 19E.ini file --> double click to open in notepad --> you can edit this file (close first DVBViewer)

In this .ini file the following is correct:

78=12721,H,22000,56,1,|TV Vlaanderen, SES ASTRA, Samsung

(number 78 is not important - just numbering of item in frequency list , you can put it elsewhere with other number, after | also not important what is mentioned)

Don't forget in both methods to SAVE your edits.

Try again to scan this frequency in DVBViewer!

Hopefully you have understand and it solves your problem!

Let me know!

Edited by w8andc

First of all: Englisch Only please.

The new TV Vlaanderen frequency is in fact the older location of the Prosieben HD channels.

My FloppyDTV DVB-S2 was simply not able to scan the 12721/12722Mhz so had to change the channel

info buy hand for those few channels.

Where did you see the bleu channels? On the TV in the OSD?

or are you looking on a computer monitor and using the windows menus of DVBViewer?

All channel data stays the same: except:

Frequency : 12721/12722Mhz

Polarisiation : Horizontal

Channel SID ( Service identification)

VTM 12771

2BE 12772

VT4 12773

Actionnow 12774

Een 12775

Canvas 12776

Vitaya 12777

JIM 12783

VijfTV 12784

KanaalZ 12785

TID (Transponder identification) for all channels : 119

NID (Network identification) voor all channels : 53

PCR (program Clock reference) : I think it was not changed: do check it tho: 8190

There... not too much tot edit.

I would love to see the more advanced scan options of transedit within DVBViewer , even accesible from OSD.

Edited by Benarty
..maar @sanderik heeft geen DVB-S2 en dat is hier ook helemaal niet nodig :)

sanderik, your problem seems to be a messed up transponder list. 12721H is good old DVB-S.

Try to import this ini into your channel list.

Thank you Derrick for the ini-file. With your scan I see that the channels are not indicate in blue color and are working fine.

You where writing that the older could be a messed up transponder but I started from a fresh new one. Because I have the other transponderlist too I will analyse the two lists and will giving feedback on this.

I hope to be informed what could be the problem and if interested you'le find my transponderlist here in. (sorry upload failed...single upload size only 144.84k)

In any way thank you for the help.

sanderik

Ok

Problem solved.

It seems that the problem is not solved.

When I couldn't hear anything anymore yesterday on the radio-channels I tried an update scan on the ini-file from Derrick but this scan was not ok too.

No radio and TV-programs on the new frequency.

What is the problem with the scanningmethod from DVBViewer?

I try today to analyse the ini file from Astra with the info of w8andc.

I tried an update scan on the ini-file from Derrick but this scan was not ok too.

That is not possible ! I gave you a channel.ini but not a transponder.ini. Only with the latter you can perform a scan. Apparently your transponder.ini is corrupted. Please attach 0192.ini from the transponder folder (click on -> about -> configuration folder -> transponders -> 0192.ini)

• 1 year later...

My floppy DTV-S2 can not tune properly anymore.

If I scan 15721/15722 then no channels are found, but if I do a blind scan then the channels of TV vlaanderen are found at 15475Mhz

I'm not sure if the dvb-s2 cause the problem, could also be the LNB that is the cullprit here.

Blindscan takes very long but al least , if it's there, then blindscan will find it.

Don't be surprised if blindscan finds over 7000 channels, many duplicates.

• 3 weeks later...
My floppy DTV-S2 can not tune properly anymore.

If I scan 15721/15722 then no channels are found, but if I do a blind scan then the channels of TV vlaanderen are found at 15475Mhz

I'm not sure if the dvb-s2 cause the problem, could also be the LNB that is the cullprit here.

Blindscan takes very long but al least , if it's there, then blindscan will find it.

Don't be surprised if blindscan finds over 7000 channels, many duplicates.

Hi Benarty,

I might be having the same problem... Is yours solved? I'm hoping you can help, I'm quite new when it comes to this pc satelite stuff...

Overview of my sitation:

Just for the record I'm a Belgian guy living in Sweden. I have setup a satelite dish (single LNB) with a subscription to TV Vlaanderen pay-tv (astra 19,2). I've used these pay channels from the moment I arrrived in Sweden, using my Philips DSR 2211 digital satelite receiver. Everything working smoothly.

I now bought the FireDTV S2 and Aston 1.07 seca cam to setup a home theater pc, running win7 and media center.

Steps performed:

-installed fireDTV W7 drivers for use with MCE

-updated fireDTV firmware to latest version

-installed the TV in MCE (straight forward)

-In the MCE Guide I can find the pay-tv channels, but all of them are locked and can't be viewed (no data available).

-Some free channels can be seen.

Next steps:

-bought DVBViewer and started using that one (mainly for the use of transedit)

-Using the latest 192.ini transponder list I can see the TV Vlaanderen entries (=red), but I'm unable to view them. Doing a scan of the channel I can see the PAT, PMT and SDT in green. Which is good I suppose.

-Also when previewing a channel (ex vtm) and right click on the window (just being black) I can see some details: it says 'connected' but no data available.

-using the CI tool from fireDTV I can see that the CAM can read the card. It shows some details about the tv vlaanderen subscription.

-did some blind scans with transedit. But find some strange behaviour here... Did a scan 10700-12750:10 with default settings.. but certainly never found 1000s of channels, nore the TV Vlaanderen channels. Even did a blind scan with 5 and even 1mhz steps. Strange thing is that I even found less channels. After a blind scan I also had to restart my system, because firedtv couldn't find no hardware anymore... strange stuff

I've come to a point that I have no other ideas. And have no clue what the problem could be. I'm experienced with computers, but quite new to the PC satelite scene... I'm affraid that I need some help here.

Can somebody please help me? I was really looking forward to use my new toys... Pff

Thanks.

Edited by Koen Verhaegen