NZ DTV EDITING

steve Kiwi

Have any kiwis or any Norwegians worked out how to edit programmes recorded in DVBViewer.

NZ uses H264 with HE-aac audio.

I am running XP Pro DVBViewer 3.9.2 with cyberlink H264 codec and monogram multi media AAC decoder version 0.95.

And a Hauppauge HVR 1100 tuner card.

Can only use DVBViewer for great pictures and sound. Any other software, player (Qt Alt, m player. windows media player... ) or editor (womble) either crashes or does not recognise file.

Any help appreciated

The editing and conversion forum is all in German so not much help there.

Can only use DVBViewer for great pictures and sound. Any other software, player (Qt Alt, m player. windows media player... ) or editor (womble) either crashes or does not recognise file.

In Vista, if you have PowerDVD 8 codecs installed, you can use Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker to edit and burn the recorded NZ .ts files. You can also view recorded ts from My Videos in Media Center if you have a mind to.

• 3 weeks later...
Have any kiwis or any Norwegians worked out how to edit programmes recorded in DVBViewer.

NZ uses H264 with HE-aac audio.

I am running XP Pro DVBViewer 3.9.2 with cyberlink H264 codec and monogram multi media AAC decoder version 0.95.

And a Hauppauge HVR 1100 tuner card.

Any help appreciated

The editing and conversion forum is all in German so not much help there.

Could you not just alter the Option->recorder->output format to mpg? (video/Audio PS (*.mpg),

BTW, it's a pityy that the Optus D1 Sat transponder does not seem to be in the list still.

Phil

No tried that(.mpg). But still get a .ts file. But I have noticed TV3 have started broadcasting in AC3. TVNZ shouldn't be far behind. This may open up a few more conversion editing options. .........Any suggestions people???

In Vista, if you have PowerDVD 8 codecs installed, you can use Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker to edit and burn the recorded NZ .ts files. You can also view recorded ts from My Videos in Media Center if you have a mind to.

Hey 66sayegh

Do tell how to be able to play back the TS files in Vista Media Center.

thanks

Ace

Keep in mind NZ and Norway use H264 and AAC+ for Audio and Video. Both formats can not be stored as Mpeg. To play Transportstreams back under Windows Mediacenter you need a Splitter which does that. I'm not sure if Haali Splitter in its latest version is capable to deal with AAC, because the only player which really handles this is the DVBViewer.

Find cut tools is also a pain in the ---------------, there are only a few which can be used for H264 at all.

Peter

I'm not sure if Haali Splitter in its latest version is capable to deal with AAC

Not with LATM AAC, as it is used in Norway and NZ. Up-to-date versions of the Elecard Demultiplexer can handle it and enable H.264/LATM AAC TS playback in other players, as far as I know. The Elecard Demultiplexer is part of this package.

Both formats can not be stored as Mpeg.

They can, but it's very unusual, so I wouldn't count on it. The TSPlayer (see members area, tools section, when the server is up again) is able to convert H.264/AAC TS to a program stream resp. MPG file.

OK, I'm not sure if I am off track but I connect to these transmissions via sat Optus D1. I understand that there are VHF terestrial transmissions also ? at HDef level :D which I can't get, hence Satellite. Maybe this is where we differ. The Sat stream in Channel editor is either saved as video=MPEG2/H.264, Audio=MPG/AC3/AAC. For general utility I chose the MPG settings.... I downloaded a compilation of CODECs eg K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, and have Cyberlink software with inbuilt codecs.., which is the codec assigned to H.264/AVC. It seems to do everything seemlessly from there. :(