Streaming Live-TV from DVBViewer to Popcorn Hour

appis

Streaming Live-TV from DVBViewer to Popcorn Hour.

1. Configure netstreaming plugin in DVBViewer to use unicast/ipadress and port.

example. 192.168.0.133 port 2345

I had to uncheck everything in dialogbox "stream control" to get both video/sound.

2. First you can test on your local computer by using VLC (videolan).

In VLCmeny-Open Network-Choose Http:

http://192.168.0.133:2345

If you you can watch the stream then go on to.

3.Make a html-file and with code:

<a href="http://192.168.0.133:2345" vod>DVBViewer</a>

save the file as DVBViewer.html

4.Put DVBViewer.html in Popcorn Hour's root directory.

5.To start watching the stream from DVBViewer in Popcorrn Hour,

choose the browser icon and open DVBViewer.html

(make sure to change the example IP 192.168.0.133 to your own computer's IP)

/appis

Edited by appis

Hi Appis,

A few questions.

1. Your version of DVBViewer and the stream plugin?

2. I had trouble streaming if no DVBViewer client was present in the network. No problem with that?

3. Can you still stream with audio/video disabled in DVBViewer?

4. Does PH cope well with channel switches?

Thanks!

Hi Appis,

A few questions.

1. Your version of DVBViewer and the stream plugin?

2. I had trouble streaming if no DVBViewer client was present in the network. No problem with that?

3. Can you still stream with audio/video disabled in DVBViewer?

4. Does PH cope well with channel switches?

Thanks!

1. Netstreaming plugin 1.4.2.4 and DVBViewer beta 3.9.3.51

2. DVBViewer client needs to be running.

3. Should not be a problem.

4. Pretty good, as long as you are tuning same transponder.

A quick restart of stream (DVBViewer.html) fix freezing problems.

Edited by appis

..a dvbviewer_client implicates, that a DVBViewer is configured as an unicast or multicast device that get's a stream from a server. But that is of course not necessary. DVBViewer/netstreaming plugin is all what is needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to everybody.

Even though he has searched carefully I have not been able to find the solution to my problem.

I better explain to myself.

I would like to see through the PCH a display flow coming from the DVBViewer program installed on my pc (in net through router). I have followed all the recommended indications: set up netstreaming in unicast and the correct address, done the test with VLC on my pc and up another pc (always in net) and the streaming display is regularly present and visible, prepared the html file with the string <a href="http://192.168.1.1:2345" vod>DVBViewer</a> (the address of the PC on which DVBViewr is installed is that) and positioned this both on the PCH and a share folder on my pc; when however go to click this file from the PCH (be on the PCH than in the folder in share) in the TV I a white screenful appears with DVBViewer writing in high to sx, but no display flow! Where do I make a mistake? What must I do?

Thanks to everybody

Hi

Siberio

Hi to everybody.

Even though he has searched carefully I have not been able to find the solution to my problem.

I better explain to myself.

I would like to see through the PCH a display flow coming from the DVBViewer program installed on my pc (in net through router). I have followed all the recommended indications: set up netstreaming in unicast and the correct address, done the test with VLC on my pc and up another pc (always in net) and the streaming display is regularly present and visible, prepared the html file with the string <a href="http://192.168.1.1:2345" vod>DVBViewer</a> (the address of the PC on which DVBViewr is installed is that) and positioned this both on the PCH and a share folder on my pc; when however go to click this file from the PCH (be on the PCH than in the folder in share) in the TV I a white screenful appears with DVBViewer writing in high to sx, but no display flow! Where do I make a mistake? What must I do?

Thanks to everybody

Hi

Siberio

Just to make sure, have you already tried to open the link called "DVBViewer" on the white screen page ?

/appis

• 3 months later...

Please help! I'm now completely lost. I've just got the latest DVBViewer pro 3.9.4.0. I go to settings, options, hardware and I can see "Unicast Network Device" and I select settings. There are options for DVB Control Server and DVB Unicast Device, is this the right place to be to setup to stream? I'm not really as stupid as I seem.

Taff

Thanks Tjod. I'll still try and stream as per this thread to see if it works. i've got all the way to creating a html file, however, where would the PCH root directory on my pc be. I haven't got a HD installed on my PCH. So the question is as above. Where on my pc should I put it. I'm so close now VLC works etc...

Regards

Taff

Yay. Wasn't going in through fourth icon. Works fine. Choppy sound on normal channels but sound okay on BBC HD! However, my denon amp is reporting it as stereo rather than dolby! But at least it is streaming. Thanks very much people I'm really grateful.

Taff

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Please, how put DVBViewer.html in Popcorn Hour´s root directory??. The IP of my PCH-A110 is 192.168.1.5. Thankyou

Streaming Live-TV from DVBViewer to Popcorn Hour.

3.Make a html-file and with code:

<a href="http://192.168.0.133:2345" vod>DVBViewer</a>

save the file as DVBViewer.html

4.Put DVBViewer.html in Popcorn Hour's root directory.

/appis