Aspect Ratio problem

squizzer22

Hi,

I have installed the latest DVBViewer but I got an aspect ratio problem, specially on 16:9 :

When Overlay is selected, no problem it works OK.

When VMR7 or 9 is selected (to get the transparency) when I watch a 16:9 program, there are some black bars on top and bottom, and image is of course compressed.

Please find attached the support.zip file.

Thanks,

Squizzer.

support.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I have installed the latest DVBViewer but I got an aspect ratio problem, specially on 16:9 :

When Overlay is selected, no problem it works OK.

When VMR7 or 9 is selected (to get the transparency) when I watch a 16:9 program, there are some black bars on top and bottom, and image is of course compressed.

Please find attached the support.zip file.

Thanks,

Squizzer.

Same issue here when using EVR on Vista, but not always. My first impression is that this mainly affects the playback of cinemascope format video (e.g., as xvid), nut not 16:9 content. I am still investigating the issue.

Deactivate the 'VMR Fix' within DVBViewer options. AFAIK intel graphics are not affected by the 'quarter picture' issue. If you enable it, you'll get an incorrect aspect ratio with anamorphic material. Aspect ratio handling will change with the next version of DVBViewer where it will also be correct with 'VMR Fix' enabled.

Deactivate the 'VMR Fix' within DVBViewer options. AFAIK intel graphics are not affected by the 'quarter picture' issue. If you enable it, you'll get an incorrect aspect ratio with anamorphic material. Aspect ratio handling will change with the next version of DVBViewer where it will also be correct with 'VMR Fix' enabled.

I think the VMR fix option is not even available to me when using EVR with the lates beta.

Furthermore, it seems to only affect the playback of cinemascope video with an 1:1 pixel aspect, i.e., 7??*30? AVI movies. In that case, the zoom presets correspond to those of the 16:9 AR, but it seems the display height is handled like for anamorphic content despite the 1:1 pixel aspect ratio. Thus, the image ends up beeing vertically compressed ;) For AVIs with 1:1 pixel aspect and 16:9 AR the display is correct.

Edited by markymark
I think the VMR fix option is not even available to me when using EVR with the lates beta.

That is why it is called VMR Fix and not EVR Fix...

You are talking about a completely different thing. My answer was actually directed towards the first post. Sorry, next time I will quote...

The aspect ratio of AVI resp. the video inside may depend on the demuxers/splitters and decoders being used and whether they propagate the correct information on their output pins. The DVBViewer only builds a default graph in this case and does not check for aspect ratio and the like... So try to force different splitters (e.g. Haali Media Splitter) and decoders (ffdshow, Xvid, DivX, ...).

Edited by CiNcH

It works, thanks !

That's great ... but I have now another problem with VMR9 ...

The image seems to be refreshed in two parts : 20% from the top of the screen there is another image showing up. That doesn't show of course when the imager is not moving but when there is some "action", you can see the two parts.

I don't think this is a matter of computer performance as it is brand new ... and the video card can handle I guess that resolution !!

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Interlacing is refreshing the even lines and then on another picture the odd lines right ?

No, here I kept my configuration, and just removed the VMR fix and selected VMR9.

The image seems to be refreshed like progressive scan, but doesn't start from the top, it starts at 20% of the height.

I will try to grab you a picture

Thanks,

Are you talking about the Interlacing-Effect? Just google for interlacing...

Unfortunately not,

I updated to the latest version of the driver, but I still have the same issue.

I don't think it can be a performance problem as I was playing some games without any problem ...

regards,

Maybe you should just try to update intel graphics drivers...