FireDTV need to be reset constantly

McenterFreak

I have this huge problem: I need to reset the FireDTV box constantly (remove the FireWire cable, wait, plug the Firewire cable again).

The symptoms are this:

Reception is fine, i change channel, then sometimes okay and sometimes black screen. Then only solution is to remove FireWire cable, and plug it in again. Then i works again, with flawless reception on both SD and HD

I have tried with XP and Vista, with DVBViewer version 3.9.2.0 and Beta 3.9.2.51, same problem with alle combinations

I have installed the latest Firmware on the FireDTV box

Don't use Options -> Hardware -> Open whole transponder off (unticked), and don't use the LNB_Off Tool. The FireDTV S2 firmware is still a bit buggy in this respect.

Don't use Options -> Hardware -> Open whole transponder off (unticked), and don't use the LNB_Off Tool. The FireDTV firmware is still a bit buggy in this respect.

Thanks

By the way, what is the LNB_Off tool?

• 5 months later...
Don't use Options -> Hardware -> Open whole transponder off (unticked), and don't use the LNB_Off Tool. The FireDTV S2 firmware is still a bit buggy in this respect.

i have the same problem with firedtv s2 xpsp2 and DVBViewer 3.9.4.

open whole transponder was actived, but now i have changed it and still the same. qnly can watch 1-2 channels and restart firewire.

Status for device 1

Model : FireDTV S2

GUID : 0x001287340400088B

HW Ver.: 01.34.04

FW Ver.: 1.4.0 Build 21440

Driver : (FIJI)

Frontend Status:

Power Supply: 0.00V

1394 Bus: 11.16V

Antenna: 17.75V

Sig.Str.: 100%, BER: 0

Locked : YES