Which Cyberlink decoders to use

Araj

Can anyone tell me which Cyberlink decoders (from PowerCinema 5) are the best to use with DVBV Pro? In the Options section of DVBV I can choose several Cyberlink decoders for Video and audio, some of which have the same name as each other.

I use the Cyberlink decoders beacause they're the only ones I have - unless someone has a better solution ?

I am not sure what you are asking. You should use whatever decoders that you have and that give an acceptable picture and sound on your system. Everyone has a different opinion.

If you want to try alternative decoders, try ffdshow and dscaler that are good and free. Nvidia PureVideo is good on my system but you have to purchase. There is a free trial available.

The downside is if you try too many they could conflict and mess up your system. Best to keep it simple.

I am not sure what you are asking. You should use whatever decoders that you have and that give an acceptable picture and sound on your system. Everyone has a different opinion.

If you want to try alternative decoders, try ffdshow and dscaler that are good and free. Nvidia PureVideo is good on my system but you have to purchase. There is a free trial available.

The downside is if you try too many they could conflict and mess up your system. Best to keep it simple.

Hi dezzy

What I meant was this: in DVBV options, I have a whole list of decoders in the drop-down menu which I can choose from. All these decoders came with Cyberlink PowerCinema, which was bundled with the Hauppauge card. In the list, there is very little indication what the different decoders are for. They have names which give no clue as to which advantages or disadvantages they have or what they were specifically designed for.

I've tried several of them out and while some of them seem to work fine at first, I'll find something odd later. Yesterday I found that on some channels, if I switch to the alternative audio language it's all squeaky, like a cartoon voice.

I'm not really clear if these problems are because I've chosen the wrong decoder or because something else is set up wrong, so that's why I'm trying to establish which decoder is the best to select in the options of DVBV

There is no single correct answer. You have to try different options and change the configuration until you are happy. DVBViewer allows you to select and adjust.

The result will depend on the components and drivers in your system. Particularly make sure that you have the latest/best drivers for each of your components that impact on the picture and sound.