option to stop streaming when no clients

pastimer

I'm sure a lot of people use the streaming plugin, realy using DVBViewer as a server for a http stream.

The problem is that DVBViewer is not stopping the processing of the stream when no more unicast clients are present because there might also be 'native' viewers.

An option to stop processing the stream when no more unicast clients are present would be very welcome for those users that use DVBViewer solely as a server for unicast clients. And save some energy too! ;) Logically this would be a parameter in the streaming plugin settings.

Regards, Eppo

Edited by pastimer

hmm, just switch it off. The dvbserver is up and running as well until it's closed. Use the webstreaming tool to control the DVBViewer ;)

hmm, just switch it off. The dvbserver is up and running as well until it's closed. Use the webstreaming tool to control the DVBViewer ;)

Yes, but dvbserver in unused state is not using cpu which is quite ok with me. DVBViewer, without decoding anything sets the highest multiplier and voltage to my cpu. I dont want DVBViewer to shut down. But i would rather not have to start a vnc session to kill the sourcefilter when i go to bed after having enjoyed some TV on my NMT, controling DVBViewer with my pda connected to the httpserver.

use a null graph ;)

I am using the 'Disable AV' thing. Actually i think it's a bug because a particular state is treated differently depending how you got there. If you start DVBViewer with no clients connected and no screen (AV disabled) DVBViewer will not start to process the stream. However when you connect through the streaming plugin and then disconnect, reaching the same state, stream processing is not stopped. Seems unlogical and therefore a bug.

I would rather not shut DVBViewer down via the webserver because somebody else in the house may still be viewing and besides, it doesnt work because DVBViewer does a user interaction ('Are you sure...') and there's nobody to answer the question! :blink:

Edited by pastimer
repeat: use a null graph ;)

'Null graph' is that not the same as 'Disable AV' or 'Use None' in the graphselector plugin? I have tried both. It does not matter. DVBViewer continues to process packets and burn a lot of cpu power.

The only thing that works without shutting DVBViewer down is 'close graph' as far as i can see.

Edited by pastimer