Problem in HD viewing

vemp

hello,

I have Intel 6400 2 Gig Ram and ATI 2400XT.

I also have installed PowerDVD 7.0 with win XP SP2.

I have the latest DVBViewer version.

When i watch HD channels using cyberlink H264 decoder i have a framerate of 18-24.

the picture is not smoth when watching sports.

I use the hardware acceleration and i also tried diffrent rendering profiles. (now on VMR9)

I use both CPU and i checked the VMR fix.

my CPU usage at 80-97%!! (when usin coralAVC for H264 CPU goes to 75%)

Whats wrong?

thx,

Edited by vemp

Sorry, but the answer would be 2400 itself.(IMO) You have to make some tweaks. You can decrease the CPU utilization but for the rest, i can't guarantie...

Sorry, but the answer would be 2400 itself.(IMO) You have to make some tweaks. You can decrease the CPU utilization but for the rest, i can't guarantie...

Thanks for your answer,

the ATI HD2400XT was developed for HD viewing. how come it is a problem?

Which card is better for HD view? I hear people are at 10% CPU usage, is it only a VGA card issue?

Thanks again.

Hi,

you said that you installed PowerDVD 7.0. Are you shure? Because for hardware accelaration of these new cards Power DVD Ultra 7.3 or newer is needed and the cyberlink codec must be selected.

Ralf

Edited by Kat-CeDe
Hi,

you said that you installed PowerDVD 7.0. Are you shure? Because for hardware accelaration of these new cards Power DVD Ultra 7.3 or newer is needed and the cyberlink codec must be selected.

Ralf

Yes, I will try to install power DVD 8.

What is the best HD card today?

Yes, I will try to install power DVD 8.

What is the best HD card today?

It would be a relative answer, but i can easily say the starting level must be a 2600XT (for Ati) or an 8600 GT (for nVidia).

EDIT: i saw i missed 7.0. thing. Yes you must use 7.3 or later...

Edited by ricabullah

It's important to check is DXVA really working, incase of cyberlink codecs - if acceleration is working, sliders in the codec option are disabled. Also I have heard there is a limitation of resolutions that 2400 supports. As in there is a registry tweak to enable 1080 decoding.

• 1 month later...

Possibly two causes.

First I never had any success with ATI HD 2400, HD 2600 yes and the later card HD3400 is excellent.

Second PowerDVD needs to be 7.3 and 3730 not the higher 4120 which breaks HD off load.

HD3400 and PowerDVD 3730 gives me BBC HD at 3% cpu with 3.8P4

Hope that helps.

PS I also currently have a hardware offload problem with PowerDVD 8!

dmcq