No sound playing DVD's

entrecour

I have no sound when playing DVD's even though I have exactly the same video & audio decoder set up for both TV and DVD.

Using AC3filter via SPDIF. View / Filters shows audio filter as ffdshow - should it do that?

Support logs attached.

Any idea why ffdshow and not ac3filter is listed as the audio codec in the Used filter section? Is this correct?

29.05.08 22:32:21 AddAVCodecs-DVD VCodec: NVIDIA Video Decoder, ACodec: AC3Filter

29.05.08 22:32:21 VCodec NVIDIA Video Decoder

29.05.08 22:32:21 Add AudioRenderer: Default DirectSound Device

29.05.08 22:32:21 ACodec AC3Filter

29.05.08 22:32:21 AddVideoRenderer Add EVR

29.05.08 22:32:22 AddAudioCallback

29.05.08 22:32:22 AddAudioCallback FAILED

29.05.08 22:32:22 Used Filter 0: EVR Renderer

29.05.08 22:32:22 Used Filter 1: ffdshow Audio Decoder

29.05.08 22:32:22 Used Filter 2: DVBV OSD-Source

29.05.08 22:32:22 Used Filter 3: Line 21 Decoder 2

29.05.08 22:32:22 Used Filter 4: NVIDIA Video Decoder

29.05.08 22:32:22 Used Filter 5: DVD Navigator

I have disabled ffdshow for the audio streams concerned and now I get Nvidia audio codec when I check option / view / filters.

New logs aren't generated either. I have tried several times opening and closing DVBViewer but the log files are all from yesterday apart from svcdebug.

I get audio with TV (with same video and audio codecs selected) although it seems that ac3filter is not getting selected there either (mpeg audio decoder is being used).

I am running the latest release of DVBViewer pro (3.9.4.0).

Edited by entrecour

Looks like I might have a porblem with AC3Filter as when I try to play same DVD with ZoomPlayer I get

Filter Connection Error:

[DVD Navigator].AC3 --> [AC3Filter].In

I need some help setting the right merits on my codecs.

There is a standard Microsoft decoder call "MPEG Audio Decoder" it's merit on my pc is 03680001 and it can be changed (I have tried Radlight Filter Manger and Filmerit). I can't set the merit of another audio codec above this.

I believe this is the cause of my problems with AC3Filter - even if I select other audio codecs in DVBViewer MPEG Audio Decoder inserts itself.

I am running Vista 32 Ultimate.

This is my first time using GraphEdit so I wasn't quite sure of the best way to do this. Anyway this is what I have done:-

I couldn't get graph edit to connect to DVBViewer directly so...

1) I recorded a short section of tv to a .ts format file.

2) I played the recorded file using DVBViewer and to a screenshot of the filters used (option / view / filters) - this shows both MPEG and NVIDIA audio codecs being used.

3) I used GraphEdit to render the same ts recording - this shows AC3filter used (i.e. which is what I want). I was able to play the graph.

I'd appreciate some advice here.

Thanks.

Seems like I screwed up somewhere here with my decoder settings in DVBViewer. :blink: AC3Filter seems to work now.

Still having problems with Nvidia audio decoder though.

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem, tv playback is ok all channels sound works including channels with ac3 5.1 and comes through nvidia audio decoder however as soon as I play a dvd I get no sound at all. I have tried every setting todo with codecs and codec merits etc. In the end I simply downgraded DVBViewer to 3.9.2 and it works like a charm. I can only come to the conclusion that this problem is with DVBViewer 3.9.4 itself.