changing channel on same transponder

pastimer

I have reason to believe that the channel switching delay does not apply when you change channels within the same transponder.

The reason is: changing channels for popcornhour; it works very well with slow channel changes ( 2 sec).

However, when i change channels within the same transponder popcornhour stalls, witch also happens with fast channel switches.

I have tested this with several transponder and always observe the same outcome.

I do not know how i could catch this in logs. It works via dvbserver ---> unicast device in DVBViewer ----> streaming plugin---> popcornhour. If i can help you with logs, please inform me how.

I would be very pleased if someone could verify that channel changes within the same transponder indeed are subject to the sane settings as other channel changes.

Thanks once again for a great product,

Eppo

Edited by pastimer

the channelswitching delay is meant for zapping not to make channelchanging slower. It's the time you have while pressing ch+ or ch- to read the miniepg before the actual switch would happen.

the channelswitching delay is meant for zapping not to make channelchanging slower. It's the time you have while pressing ch+ or ch- to read the miniepg before the actual switch would happen.

Thanks, but i'm not helped. Should not disabling 'fast channelchanges' cause a small delay then? Probable cause is that the small time it normaly takes to tune the device to a new frequency and/or change to another device is enough for popcornhour to realize the stream has stopped and a new stream is being sent, whereas a switch to another channel does not need a retune, only other pid's to be filtered from the same transportstream.

Could there be an option that causes the device to retune, even though the channel is on the same transponder or 'should' popcornhour be able to make the switch anyway?

Btw: I've tested VLC (0.8.6d) and to my surprise it shows the exact same problem! Good channel switches when changing transponder, stalling when changing within one transponder:

ts debug: pid[519] unknown

ts debug: pid[96] unknown

ts debug: PATCallBack called

ts debug: pid[2113] unknown

Maybe you can find a solution?

Regards, Eppo

Edited by pastimer
  • 1 month later...