Enhance VLC compatibility

pastimer

I don't know if this is important for the develoment team but i'm sure a lot of people like to use VLC or other extensions as there client.

These extensions have a problem with the way DVBViewer changes channels while it stays on the same transponer. It looks like DVBViewer in this case does not tune the device but maintains the current transport stream and just alters the filter to get the pid's that correspond to the requested channel.

Efficient as this may be, VLC does not understand this. It finds PID's in the streams that were not there at the beginning of the stream, doesn't know what to do with it and comes to a halt.

You can easily test this for yourself. In this example VLC is used on a http stream. It may be that the problem does not occur with other methods. When you change channels within the same transponder VLC will report something like:

ts debug: pid[518] unknown

ts debug: pid[92] unknown

ts debug: pid[2112] unknown

My request is simple (i hope) : provide a VLC compatibility option whereby selecting a new channel always opens a new transport stream (retune).

Regards, Eppo

Edited by pastimer