Blackgold 6 in 1 issue

Crusty Burke

Hi folks,

I've installed the Blackgold 6 in 1 card in my newly built HTPC. The PC is running Vista Ultimate.

The specific problem I have is that DVBViewer can't seem to switch between the satellite tuners. I can only scan channels using the second tuner and watch channels using the first tuner. I can't drive my USALS motor from DVBViewer either.

As I have a 28.2E fixed dish feed and a motorised dish feed available I would like to be able to use both feeds and drive my dish. Does anyone here have any ideas what I need to do to get DVBViewer to work?

DiseqC must be implemented for each BDA Card/Driver separatly because it is not specified in the BDA specs. So most likely your card is not supported (never heard of it).

• 1 month later...
Hi folks,

I've installed the Blackgold 6 in 1 card in my newly built HTPC. The PC is running Vista Ultimate.

The specific problem I have is that DVBViewer can't seem to switch between the satellite tuners. I can only scan channels using the second tuner and watch channels using the first tuner. I can't drive my USALS motor from DVBViewer either.

As I have a 28.2E fixed dish feed and a motorised dish feed available I would like to be able to use both feeds and drive my dish. Does anyone here have any ideas what I need to do to get DVBViewer to work?

Did you ever manage to get this to work, i telephoned blackgold and they told me that the drivers for this card do support this feature.

Thanks Jase

Maybe they can provide us with something like an SDK?

I could telephone them and ask, what exactly would i be asking for, is this what would be needed for DVBViewer to support this feature with this card?

Many thanks Jase

I could telephone them and ask, what exactly would i be asking for, is this what would be needed for DVBViewer to support this feature with this card?

Many thanks Jase

Well i think i have just answered my own question, can not get it to move the motor.

Cheers Jase

Edited by Jaseb
what exactly would i be asking for, is this what would be needed for DVBViewer to support this feature with this card?

Documentation about their vendor-specific BDA extensions, particularly the one that enables applications to send DiSEqC commands - not just Pos/Opt selection, but raw commands, that are necessary for moving a motor.

They may send it to the mail address that can be found under Help -> Info in DVBViewer.

Documentation about their vendor-specific BDA extensions, particularly the one that enables applications to send DiSEqC commands - not just Pos/Opt selection, but raw commands, that are necessary for moving a motor.

They may send it to the mail address that can be found under Help -> Info in DVBViewer.

Hello

This is a reply i got from a guy who was helping to sort out a problem we had with the balackgold card (unrelated) the reason i asked him, was a while ago i can remember him saying he had an sdk for this card.

hi on the motorized spec its part of the bda api for the driver

and it follows the DisEqC 1.2 spec http://www.diseqc.org/

am unable to tested my self as i not got round to buying the motor

but will try to find the windows api calls for you

I think he might be thinking that these commands are part of the standard bda spec.

Thanks Jase

Hello

I am just trying to get some information from blackgold at the moment about weather this card does support the use of a motorized dish.

I have been looking on nxp's site which is the chipset manufacturer of this card but can not find any info on there.

On blackgolds website it lists this card as supporting

Dual independent LNB control 13V/18V (Vert/Horiz), 2kHz tone, DiSEqC 2.0 encoding

Could anyone tell me what this means?

Thanks again Jase

Hello

I'm sorry about this but after i contacted blackgold to ask for some documentation about there diseqc implementation they decided after a week that it didn't support the use of a motorized dish. I don't think anyone at this company actually new and they had to ask elsewhere.

So could anyone tell me what cards DVBViewer has support for with this feature are?

Many thanks Jase