DVB Viewer keeps asking for password.

Guest proton

Guest proton

Hi, I have installed DVBViewer but when I try recording something it asks for a password. I did download "another" version to try it out. I liked it so now I bought it and installed it last night. Today I was experimenting with the codecs I have and tried recording HD TV to test quality. And now it keeps asking for my password. Anyone know how to fix this? I have tried searching on here but no luck.

i had this problem running an DVBViewer backup from a previous format of my system,

atleast for me uninstalling then reinstalling DVBViewer made it stop asking for my password/serialkey ;)

Guest proton
i had this problem running an DVBViewer backup from a previous format of my system,

atleast for me uninstalling then reinstalling DVBViewer made it stop asking for my password/serialkey ;)

OK Thanks, I will try that tomorrow and let you know. I'm off to bed now...

Guest proton
OK Thanks, I will try that tomorrow and let you know. I'm off to bed now...

OK I tried it and it still asks for a password and user id? Anyone have any ideas?

You have installed the DVBViewer including the Configuration Folder?

And installed the DVBViewer using you exact password and username you got by mail?

Guest proton

You have installed the DVBViewer including the Configuration Folder?

I'm not sure what you mean about the Configuration folder?

And installed the DVBViewer using you exact password and username you got by mail?

Yes the exact one in my email I cut and pasted it and it works and I dowloaded extra plugins

I'm not sure what you mean about the Configuration folder?
If you uninstall the DVBViewer via Control Panel > Software it will asking you if you like to remove the Configuration folder.
Guest proton
If you uninstall the DVBViewer via Control Panel > Software it will asking you if you like to remove the Configuration folder.

OK I did it and it said "Do you want to remove all of DVBViewer's Components?" I said yes, but when I go back to the folder the are some folders still there? My OS Is Vista 64, if that helps.

Guest proton

I uninstalled it again and renamed the old folder to DVBViewerOLD and installed again and tried to record and it asked for my username and password again. :)

Is it possible to enter the members section with you username and password and download a file?

Open the DVBViewer > About > Configuration Folder -> Close the DVBViewer -> delete all files in the Configuration Folder. Uninstall the DVBViewer and reinstall it.

Guest proton
Is it possible to enter the members section with you username and password and download a file?

Open the DVBViewer > About > Configuration Folder -> Close the DVBViewer -> delete all files in the Configuration Folder. Uninstall the DVBViewer and reinstall it.

AHA, I see two Configuration folders... Shall I delete them all after install, there is one called DVBViewer and DVBViewer. (with the dot .)

OH and yes I did logon to members area to download it again (just in case). Just looked back and the one with the dot vanished? Strange.

Will replay asap after deletions and reinstall.

Edited by proton
Guest proton

OK I think I fixed it, I just did a uninstall and made sure all folders were deleted. Downloaded a a Reg Clean Program. I re-installed it and viola. I can now record for over a minute. I only tested for over a minute. Seems to work now. YAY... Now onto the jittery pictures...

• 3 weeks later...
OK I think I fixed it, I just did a uninstall and made sure all folders were deleted. Downloaded a a Reg Clean Program. I re-installed it and viola. I can now record for over a minute. I only tested for over a minute. Seems to work now. YAY... Now onto the jittery pictures...

Could you please tell me the Reg Cleaner you used?

Thanks.