DVBViewer in WIne

MuMolo

DVBViewer does work very nicely as a client to DVBServer on another Windows machine on the LAN when running in a VMWare Fusion virtual machine on an Intel MAC running Leopard. I assume that running in a VM on Linux would be similar.

DVBViewer does work very nicely as a client to DVBServer on another Windows machine on the LAN when running in a VMWare Fusion virtual machine on an Intel MAC running Leopard. I assume that running in a VM on Linux would be similar.

What codec and renderer are you using for smoothest playback?

Are you using VMware Fusion 1.1 or 2.0 beta?

/appis

What codec and renderer are you using for smoothest playback?

Are you using VMware Fusion 1.1 or 2.0 beta?

VMWare 1.1.1 I haven't tried the 2.0 beta yet.

The video decoder is MPV decoder & audio decoder is ffdshow. These were installed by Combine Community CODEC Pack (CCCP) & DVBViewer is just using system default decoders. The renderer is VMR7. Other decoders/renderers may work but my wife only let me quickly look at her system & I had to promise not to change anything as she is watching the tennis this afternoon:-)

I am running DVBViewer on Leopard using VMWare Fusion 2.0 beta to host a Vista Ultimate VM that uses the Microsoft supplied MPEG2 decoder & EVR. My wife's system is also Leopard with VMWare Fusion 1.1.3 running XP Proefessional/