No dialog between DVBViewer and rotor Moteck SG2100

rio9210

Hi everybody, after months of attempts, first with the Technisat Skystar 2.6D PCI and now with Technisat Skystar HD2 PCI (buyed because it supports Diseqc 1.2), we can affirm for sure that Diseqc implementation of DVBViewer is far from being "state of art", winking the eye to that we can define "state of crap". I have a Moteck SG2100 motor (buyed three months ago) which has no problems with a ClarkeTech standalone sat decoder, but with the two Skystar there's non way to move it with DVBViewer (AltDVB, which is freeware, IT DOES). Tried everything, every option (Use Positioner, Command String, Goto Angular) with no results. Tried even without the Skystar2 (unplug it from the motherboard) but non success. The manual (old and INTERNET version) doesn't says much about Diseqc.

SUPPORT.ZIP attached.

DVBViewer 3.9.4 installed

Skystar2 PCI 2.6D, driver version 4.4.3 ; Skystar HD2 PCI, driver version 1.1

Asus P5KR motherboard, P35 chipset (latest INF and Intel Matrix Storage installed)

MSI Geforce 7950 PCIEx16 graphic card (512MB), driver version 175.16

Best regards,

M.F.C.

skystar2 does not support diseqC1.2 use the search if you want to know more.

Please remove/disable the skystar2 and test altdvb with skystar hd2. does it work?

skystar2 does not support diseqC1.2 use the search if you want to know more.

Please remove/disable the skystar2 and test altdvb with skystar hd2. does it work?

I know that Skystar2 supports only Diseqc 1.0. And about AltDVB and Skystar HD2, the answer is no, it doesn't work. The "general purpose" BDA driver of AltDVB doesn't recognise properly the Skystar HD2, but it works flawlessly with Skystar2. We're talking about a program released "some" time ago, however...I have no doubts that the next version of AltDVB will drive motors through HD2 card...

well what does the application delivered with the hd2 do? does it work? I'm not sure but if this HD2 is a labled twinhan, there might be issues from the driver itself.

well what does the application delivered with the hd2 do? does it work? I'm not sure but if this HD2 is a labled twinhan, there might be issues from the driver itself.

DVBViewerTE is bundled with the Technisat HD2. Never used it, because I buyed the PRO version. And I suppose that if the PRO version doesn't work, the "truncated" (aka simplified) TechnisatEdition (TE) version does the same. And yes, the Technisat Skystar HD2 is the clone of the Twinhan AD- SP400 (1041+4046).

The Technisat card is these one

http://www.technisat.com/index4986.html?na...ducts,en,76-215

and the Twinhan card is here

http://www.twinhan.com/product_satellite_s2_CI.asp

as you can see, the two cards are identical.

I have Twinhan AD- SP400 (driver 1.1.0.400) and SG2100 motor.

The DVBViewer 3.9.4 works perfectly with a DiseqC 1.0 and Diseqc 1.1 (Use Positioner), but DiseqC 1.2 (Goto Angular) doesn't work. Also any RAW commands (Command String) doesn't work too.

AltDVB works perfectly with a DiseqC 1.0, Diseqc 1.1, Diseqc 1.2

I have Twinhan AD- SP400 (driver 1.1.0.400) and SG2100 motor.

The DVBViewer 3.9.4 works perfectly with a DiseqC 1.0 and Diseqc 1.1 (Use Positioner), but DiseqC 1.2 (Goto Angular) doesn't work. Also any RAW commands (Command String) doesn't work too.

AltDVB works perfectly with a DiseqC 1.0, Diseqc 1.1, Diseqc 1.2

I tried to fool the card giving it the drivers of the Twinhan card, windows accepts them, but the card stops work (with AltDVB, DVBViewer and DigitalTV, the application from Twinhan bundled with the AD-SP400). I reverted back to Technisat drivers.

The strange thing is that when I go to the Diseqc setup console, when I choose which card should driver the motor, after clicking it, the TV image in the main windows disappear.

P.S. I suggest to Mr. Hackbart to get in business with that guy, MiBi, that creates the SSDiseqc plugin/application. Those little app works ALWAYS. No errors, not much to set, just the motor type and your LAT/LONG. The best things are the simplest ones. I'm in stand-by for his HD2 plugin :) (and obviously an answer from DVBViewer support team)