Assigning remote buttons to channels

Araj

I'd like to assign the number buttons on my remote to channels.

Status quo: the numbers assigned by DVBV are (logically) the ones it found in the scan, from 1-1523. That means that I can switch to the channels with the number buttons, but it's difficult to remember the numbers (many are 4-digit) and very cumbersome.

Can I change the channel numbers in the Channel Editor, or what's the best way to do this?

what's the best way to do this?

The easiest (and the most confortable) way is IMHO to configure and use the "Favourites", plus a tweak in the Setup.xml, UseFav=1 (see them all in Tweaks.txt in DVBViewer folder) to switch the Favourite (and not the channels) with the remote Up/Down keys...

You can also arrange the Favorites in subfolders, the associated favourite are always numbered from top to bottom, starting from 0 on...

:)

That sounds good to me Gioxy - thanks a lot!

Do I understand you right? You mean that if setup.xml is tweaked, then the channel at the top of the favourite lists will then be channel one, the second channel 2 and so on. So then I can use channel up/down or jump to a channel directly by pressing a number button?

Edited by Araj

Not exactly...

The function of the "UseFav" tweak is only to use the up/down remote/keyboard keys to jump among the Favourites and not among the Channels (the default behaviour)...

Instead, to call the Favourites directly with numbers (instead of the Channels), you have to look in "Settings / Options... / Input" and map the remote number keys (and/or the keyboard number keys) to the Favourites and not to Channel: by defautl Channel #1 = key 1 and Fafourite #1 = Shift + 1; you have to map the reverse...

:)

Strange. I put the UseFav tweak line into the Input section of setup.xml (yes, the one in the config folder) and it didn't have any effect. The channels still jumped by number, not through Favourites

I did find a way to do it though: In the Options menu, under Input, I took the keyboard shortcuts PgUp and PgDown away from channel up and down and reassigned them to Favourites up and down. This works but it's not very satisfactory as it takes a loooong time to change channels. No faster than manually via OSD menu.

I didn't find the time to try assigning the number buttons yet.

I took the keyboard shortcuts PgUp and PgDown away from channel up and down and reassigned them to Favourites up and down

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but for the "UseFav" tweak I was referring to Remote Arrow Up/Arrow Down keys...

But, as you have discovered yet, you can personalize DVBViewer in many ways... :bounce:

For the delay you complain in channel switching, take a look in "Settings / Options... / TV+Radio" to the following settings: "Channel Switching Delay" (you can simply uncheck it) and "Timeout for channel switch by numbers" (don't make this value too low or you can't call for channels > 9, i.e. those that require more than one key pressed...).

:rolleyes:

I was referring to Remote Arrow Up/Arrow Down keys

Ah, I see. Okay, I'll try using the Up/down arrows then.

I don't think the switching delay has anything to do with a setting. If I change channels normally, then the delay is much shorter.

Thanks for the tip on the numbers delay. I'll remember that when I do the numbers

DooooooH !

I only realised last night that instead of reassigning the remote buttons to keyboard shortcuts with the "Learn" feature, I can press the button on the remote to learn too. Obviously I've been thinking much too complicated :blush: