DVBViewer support of IPTV

Abjo

Hi DVBViewer users,

I'm not, yet, a user so I'm a "newbie newbie" in Sweden. Before buying the product I'd like to make sure DVBViewer support IPTV (which seems to be the case in v3.9.4).

I will in a few days move into a house with fibre connection and with IPTV from CanalDigital (IPTV from FastTV and Viasat are other options) - so, no satellite or cable TV available to the house. I hope I can use DVBViewer to connect my PC to the service and eliminate the digital box. Can't find information source that clarify IPTV and DVBViewer. E.g. Do I use a virtual TV-card to receive signals or how are the signals received and decrypted? I'm not aware of a TV-card for IPTV.

Specific questions I have:

1. Does DVBViewer include a decryption functionality that makes it possible to remove a digital box? In my case CanalDigital in Sweden (usually a Motorola 1900 box)
  2. Is there a need of a physical TV-card or does DVBViewer create a virtual TV-card?

(FYI - I have tried the search function and I also sent a question via FAQ entry. Christian Hackbart suggested I post a question to this forum)

Thanks in advance for any help in this subject

Andreas