No plugins option in the menu

valex

Hello,

First of all, I have used the forum search option but haven't found anyone with the same problem. I apologise in advance in case this issue is already discussed.

Since I installed DVBViewer 3.9.4.0. I cannot see the plugins menu in the application's options. I have the plugins folder created in the root folder of DVBViewer and Netstream plugin inside, but still don´t find such option between Settings and Help.

In DVBViewer 3.9.2.0, I can access plugins with no problems, but with latest version I cannot find the way after hundreds of installations.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am using Skystar HD2 installed on an Asus P5HW Deluxe motherboard and Asus NVIDIA 7950GT graphic card.

Here is my support file.

support.zip

Edited by valex
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
maybe they use a non legal version. It most times the case, when they simply ignore question about more informations / support.zip.

i've installed it again.

now it runs!

best reguards

thomy_pc

PS: i've a legal version...

• 3 weeks later...
maybe they use a non legal version. It most times the case, when they simply ignore question about more informations / support.zip.

I still have the same problem unsolved.

My version is 100% LEGAL, and my support.zip file is attached to my first post here since the day I wrote it. If you need any other kind of information, please just let me know.

The reason why I have not answered, is because I got any answer to this post in nearly one month so I thought anybody knew how to help me.

I'm NOT running Safe nor Debug version.

Then, I'm still using 3.9.2 version and I would like to update to latest version.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

I suggest to try it with a new OS installation or on another PC.

No one else with a legal version has such problems, so i think ist is somewhere related to your OS installation.

I suggest to try it with a new OS installation or on another PC.

No one else with a legal version has such problems, so i think ist is somewhere related to your OS installation.

Thanks azeman for your help,

However, as I don't have any other PC available, and DVBViewer 3.9.2 is very good indeed, I think it's not worth formatting my hard drive just to update DVBViewer. In case there is no other solution, I would prefer to wait for the next release.

You are right, I don't know anyone with the same problem. But I don't see the relation it may have with my O.S.

My pc is running in a LEGAL WinXP proffesional SP3 which is completely updated.

Anyway, thank you very much again. :biggrin:

Next release already is 3.9.4 and already out.

Yes, CiNcH... I know...

But that is exactly the release in which I am not able to make plugins appear after hundreds of installations... :biggrin:

In previous versions, there is no such problem. So I meant, if there is no other solution, I will have to wait for the following release to see if my problem is solved and forget about enjoying version 3.9.4.

Thanks and regards.

This is no common problem. Did you ever try it on another PC? Think you once had some malware installed on the current one...

Edited by CiNcH
This is no common problem. Did you ever try it on another PC? Think you once had some malware installed on the current one...

I haven't tried it on another pc because I don't have another pc. I have many friends who have installed it and, you're right, not only it's not a common problem but it also seems to me that I'm the only one who has found it.

I think my PC is clean of virus and malware, but one can never be sure about this. I'm using updated versions of Avast Home (latest version) and Comodo Firewall as residents; together with frequent scans using Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-aware S.E. personal. I have even run Kaspersky online scanner and no virus was found.

I have no hints about where the problem is...

Fortunately, DVBViewer 3.9.2.0 is good enough for me and I remain hoping to find a solution when next version is released.

Sincerely, thank you very much for all your help and kindness.

Look for the hosts file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and open it. Look for the entries

127.0.0.1 DVBViewer.com

and/or

127.0.0.1 DVBViewer.info

and remove them both. Install and start version 3.9.4 (the legal one) again... OK now?

Edited by CiNcH
OK now?

YEEEEESSSSS!!!

Thanks a lot CiNcH,

I did exactly what you told me, and when I opened etc folder, avast anivirus alerted me about a virus (Win32 Trojan) in the file dvbv38Fixzz.exe, which was located in that folder. Then I removed the virus and following your instructions I removed the line:

127.0.0.1 DVBViewer.com

from hosts file.

Then I installed version 3.9.4.0 again and now I can enjoy plugins.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :biggrin:

Well, that was caused by malware, or more specific by a cracked DVBViewer! If you do such things like downloading illegal stuff from Torrent or whereever, don't tell me you don't have any malware on your PC...

Well, that was caused by malware, or more specific by a cracked DVBViewer! If you do such things like downloading illegal stuff from Torrent or whereever, don't tell me you don't have any malware on your PC...

I just told you that I thought my PC was clean, but we can never be sure about that. You're once again right, I once tried a cracked DVBViewer but then I bought it as I knew the program deserved it. I know this was a big mistake from which I will learn something for sure.

Thanks again my friend.

It's incredible how much time people are willing to spend with trouble shooting just for saving 15 Euro. Must be some sportive ambition ("I'm the one who outsmarted DVBViewer.com"), or they are just idiots...

It's incredible how much time people are willing to spend with trouble shooting just for saving 15 Euro. Must be some sportive ambition ("I'm the one who outsmarted DVBViewer.com"), or they are just idiots...

In this same thread, I have recognized that I made a mistake and soon after I bought the program and I have said several times thank you to the people that kindly helped me. With all respects Griga, I have never thought than I'm smarter than anyone and I think it was not necessary to insult me just because in the past I did something wrong, since I'm sure all of us have made mistakes at some times.

Now you can either crucify me or just try to understand my status of human being who learns from his mistakes, but once again, I tell you that I really appreciate all your help and kindness. From my point of view, this topic is happily closed.