How do I use a DVB-T card

Bacon2002

Hi,

I have several DVB-T (UK Digital Terrestrial) cards in my machine which I use for networking SageTV around my home.

In my experience SageTV can be difficult to configure when tuning multiple cards for Digital terrestrial (Freeview) channels in the UK. This is especially true if you want one common set of channel numbers. I have overcome these problems although in order to tweek some of the channel I do need to know the correct DVB-T frequency for each channel for each of the card.

The basic problem seems to be that some of my DVB-T cards appear to use slightly different frequencies in order to receive the same channels, for example "BBC ONE" will be on a slight different frequency (125000mhz different) on my Hauppauge Nova-T-500 from my Hauppauge HVR-1300.

I expect this offset is a driver problem however it means I need different configuration data for each card.

The cards I have installed are:-

Hauppauge Nova-T-500

Hauppauge HVR-1300

BlackGold 3540

In order to help the situation I thought I would use DVBViewer in order to provide me with the correct frequencies for each of the channels for each of the cards and then manually enter these into the SageTV configuration files.

I am finding it difficult to set DVBViewer to correctly complete a scan of the terrestrial UK digital channels.

Is there a UK frequency list I should be using, I only seem to have options for Europe, France and Germany. I tried downloading the manual however I think the main web site's link may be broken as once it is downloaded none of the PDF's pages appear to have any text on them.

From the DVBViewer's setup menu if for example I pick the HVR-1300 card and subsiquently complete a channel scan then for some reason DVBViewer seems to (always) scan using one of the BlackGold cards tuners?

Could someone who has complete a successful UK scan point me in the right direction.

I would really appreciate any help with this,

Many thanks,

Hello,

i'm searched in the net and i found two interesting sites

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/terrestrial/tuning/

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/reception_a.../index.asp.html on this site, there is a useful pdf i think (click)

From the data at the first linked site, i made a transponder ini, maybe it work ;)

DVBT_eng_UK_complete.zip

For testing, please use TransEdit -> http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%20E/Content.html

you must copy the ini file into the configuration folder (see DVBViewer -> About)

for some reason DVBViewer seems to (always) scan using one of the BlackGold cards tuners?
is the Blackgold listed first in DVBViewer -> Options -> Hardware ?

If you would use a different card, you must enter different States (Do not use, Normal or Preferred)

:)