Channelist Bug - still not fixed

miro111hrzg

Hello,

before few years I think I posted about the same problem here but I don't remember where or maybe I even didn't,

this bug is still not fixed.

This is the problem:

We have 4 channel names on 2 different frequency

(HTV1, HTV2, RTL, NOVA on 522mhz) and (HTV1, HTV2, RTL, NOVA on 642 mhz) as you can see on the picture.

t59683_problem.PNG

When you want to bookmark- add to favourites list 4 channels from 642 mhz frequency,

DVBViewer put them on the favourites list, but then when you click on the let's say RTL you bookmarked, you don't get the RTL on 642 mhz - you get RTL from 522 mhz (the one you see the worse - That's not your choice)

problem is DVBViewer bookmark only channel title, there is no difference if channels are on the different frequency, or channel parameters are different.

Please can you fix this error?

this is no bug. that's how the favorites work. if you want to seperate them, rename one of the same named channels.

before few years I think

time works on a differnt speed on your side of the universe? ;):)

this is no bug. that's how the favorites work. if you want to seperate them, rename one of the same named channels.

time works on a differnt speed on your side of the universe? ;) ;)

You say it's because the favourites?

okay, now I choosed channel RTL on 642 mhz from main channellist - not from favourites list, and I closed the DVBViewer.

We all know DVBViewer remembers the last channel we were watching if there was no serious crash.

After few seconds, I entered DVBViewer again, I checked what RTL I'm watching on the start, it was RTL from 522mhz! :)

Conclusion = you have 2 channels with the same name, you will always watch the one who is first on the mhz scale!

mr. Hackbart, get us out of this truoble!

Edited by miro111hrzg
you have 2 channels with the same name, you will always watch the one who is first on the mhz scale!

...not true in general, because the channel ID that is used for favourites contains the name, Audio PID, Service ID and tuner type. You'll only get the topmost matching channel instead of the desired one if all these properties are identical.

yeah, you're right. we use all available data TID, ONID, APID, VPID, PMT, tunertype; frequency and name and shirtsize of the channel.

So you get an absolutely excact match.

Well your problem if you rescan, or the provider changes the data or you rename the channel, no timer, no favorite will work anymore and don't you dare to come whining and complaining :).

That's the price for a unique one to one relation between channel and favorite.

yeah, you're right. we use all available data TID, ONID, APID, VPID, PMT, tunertype; frequency and name

Finally you start to understand :)

I also had that bug.

But it happend to me when there were the same channels in favorites list, translating in DVB-T and DVB-S.

Edited by brildi