trying to improv quality

dotti

Hello,

I'm using DVBViewer with skystar 2 tv card.

I'm trying to improve the quality of the video files I'm getting, but i can't seem to find how I can do that.

Can u plz help me?

10X

If you are talking about the quality of the "video files", take in mind that DVBViewer record exactly - nothing less and nothing more - the trasmitted audio & video stream (and others if you prefer), so you cannot do anything to improve it: any transformation (i.e. video post-processing like sharpening) is an artifact, maybe nicer to watch at, but it cannot be called at all "a improvement"...

Instead, if you refer at the quality of the video displayed through DVBViewer, you have to deal with MPEG2 video Decoder (codec) actually in use by DVBViewer (it depend on which ones you have installed in your PC): most of them have a number of option that can be triggered; look in "View / Filters / [name of your codec]" to open the decoder option page...

Or you can install other codecs and experiment the difference... as stated by many DVBViewer users, the best seems to be the one that came with Cyberlink PowerDVD... or search in the forum for info about many other to choose within...

But beware, don't install a so called "CodecPacks": they mostly upset completely the entire DirectX structure of your PC!

:)