HD Suisse not visible with KNC One DVB-S2+

AHiemstra

Hi all (Deutsch unten),

I have an issue with HD Suisse. I used to be able to receive HD Suisse, but at some point in time it stopped.

Unfortunately, also SF 1 and SF 2 (SDTV) stopped at that time because of a driver issue for KNC. At some point in time they fixed that and I can now see SF 1 and SF2 again. But HD Suisse is still void.

Other HD programs like Anixe HD, Premiere HD, BBC HD and Astra HD display fine. Just not HD Suisse.

Is there anybody with a KNC One S2 card who has similar issues or, on the contrary, actually is able to see HD Suisse?

Regarsd, Arjen

-o-o-o-

Hallo,

ich habe ein Problem mit HD Suisse. Früher konnte ich HD Suisse schauen, aber irgendwann hörte das dann auf.

Leider konnte ich damals durch ein KNC Driver Problem plötzlich auch SF 1 und SF 2 nicht mehr empfangen. Irgendwann hat KNC dies gelöst und jetzt kann ich SF 1 und SF 2 wieder sehen. Aber HD Suisse ist immer noch schwarz.

Ich habe keine Probleme mit anderen HD Sendern wie: Anixe HD, Premiere HD, BBC HD und Astra HD. Nur HD Suisse geht nicht.

Gibt es jemand mit einer KNC One S2 Karte, der ähnliche Probleme hat, oder, im Gegenteil, jemand der HD Suisse mit dieser Karte sehen kann?

Gruss, Arjen

It's more likely a problem with your entitlement. The transponder is dvb-s_modulated. Reception can easily be checked with "SF info" which is in clear.

Hi Derrick,

what does that mean? Do you mean that my smartcard does not entitle me for HD Suisse? I believe I can check that in the CAM menu and I see an entry there. I need to check again.

SF Info is clear and can be received.

SF 1 is payTV and can be received.

SF 2 is payTV and can be received.

HD Suisse is payTV (same card as SF 1 and 2) but remains black.

Regards, Arjen

Did you receive a new SSR SRG SmartCard? Some time ago (think March 08) they completely switched from ViACCESS 2.3 to 2.6.

Edited by CiNcH

Hi Arjen,

I have an issue with HD Suisse. I used to be able to receive HD Suisse, but at some point in time it stopped.

Unfortunately, also SF 1 and SF 2 (SDTV) stopped at that time because of a driver issue for KNC. At some point in time they fixed that and I can now see SF 1 and SF2 again. But HD Suisse is still void.

Other HD programs like Anixe HD, Premiere HD, BBC HD and Astra HD display fine. Just not HD Suisse.

Is there anybody with a KNC One S2 card who has similar issues or, on the contrary, actually is able to see HD Suisse?

Regarsd, Arjen

I've a KNC One S2 with Cineview and the same problem. After a long mail conversation with KNC support (that is still in progress) we found out that this is a problem of the BDA-Driver. With WDM-Driver it works on my system with GlobeTV but at cost of stability (XP Pro SP3). This means that i've Bluescreens / conflict with ati2dvag. With BDA-Driver i've never had such problems so i switched back. KNC support told me that they've good results with Nvidia-Cards so i think about replace my Radeon 3870 with a Nvidia Card (GTX 260 or 280 ??). Under Vista Ultimate 32 the same with BDA-Driver, no Suisse HD (have Dualboot-System). I've tested with the red Viaccess CAM and Alphacrypt light. With the red CAM if you select Suisse HD then Cineview is deinitialized and SF1 and SF2 work again after reboot. with Alphacryt light you can go back to SF1/2 without reboot. Latest Firmware on both CAMs. Anixe HD and Astra HD works allways ok.

my Hardware:

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4, newest Bios F3, Q6600, 2Gb RAM

Saphire Radeon 3870 PCIe with 512MB / Catalyst 8.6 in XP and Vista OS.

Power Supply SilverStone ST56F 560 Watt

capitanguex

Hi there,

like "capitanguex", this is exactly the behaviour I am seeing. With the WDM driver things work fine. But the BDA driver gives issues. So this must be a KNC issue and not a CAM or smartcard issue.

After a long mail conversation with KNC support (that is still in progress) we found out that this is a problem of the BDA-Driver.

This is both good and bad. Bad, because it means it does not work. Good, because I now we are 2 talking to KNC One about the same issue.

What did you agree with KNC One? Are they working on it?`

Regards, Arjen.

Hi Arjen,

Hi there,

like "capitanguex", this is exactly the behaviour I am seeing. With the WDM driver things work fine. But the BDA driver gives issues. So this must be a KNC issue and not a CAM or smartcard issue.

This is both good and bad. Bad, because it means it does not work. Good, because I now we are 2 talking to KNC One about the same issue.

What did you agree with KNC One? Are they working on it?`

Regards, Arjen.

KNC said (as i understand) that this is a problem of my system and the BDA-Driver, possibly the ATI Cards driver Catalyst. They wait now for my response about a test with Nvidia-Card.

If it's ok i can give the person at KNC the link to this forum / thread? Eventually we have so a chance that they revise the BDA-Driver.

capitanguex

Hi capitanguex

Interesting. I too have an ATI card. Would be interesting to understand if this is really a video driver issue. What I think is against that possibility is the fact that the WDM driver does not have this issue. This means that the BDA driver provides something different to the ATI driver than the WDM driver. Also interesting is the fact that other HD channels are OK.

If I work with that input, I can only conclude that the BDA driver has an issue. Especially, because a previous beta BDA driver I had from KNC even cancelled out SF1 and SF2! That was fixed in later releases. So I think they definitely do something wrong in the BDA driver.

If it's ok i can give the person at KNC the link to this forum / thread? Eventually we have so a chance that they revise the BDA-Driver.

By all means do!!! I'm very interested in getting this fixed once and for all. I would even be prepared to send KNC my SwissCard so they can do some proper testing. Although I think they could get one for free.

Btw, have you also noticed the bug in the latest Catalyst v8.6? When you pause a movie in DVBViewer or when you move the "cursor" to another point in the file, the image starts flickering. I moved back to Catalyst v8.5 to prevent that. But let's not discuss that in this thread. Feel free to send a private email about that if you want to know more.

Regards, Arjen.

If other programs from this transponder are received normally, there can't be possibly a problem with the driver. Check with transedit's analyzer whether the H.264 stream (and the rest) is received without missing packets. Make a fresh scan with transedit (-> send to DVBViewer) and report what you see on the source filter.

Hi Arjen,

Hi capitanguex

Interesting. I too have an ATI card. Would be interesting to understand if this is really a video driver issue. What I think is against that possibility is the fact that the WDM driver does not have this issue. This means that the BDA driver provides something different to the ATI driver than the WDM driver. Also interesting is the fact that other HD channels are OK.

If I work with that input, I can only conclude that the BDA driver has an issue. Especially, because a previous beta BDA driver I had from KNC even cancelled out SF1 and SF2! That was fixed in later releases. So I think they definitely do something wrong in the BDA driver.

By all means do!!! I'm very interested in getting this fixed once and for all. I would even be prepared to send KNC my SwissCard so they can do some proper testing. Although I think they could get one for free.

Btw, have you also noticed the bug in the latest Catalyst v8.6? When you pause a movie in DVBViewer or when you move the "cursor" to another point in the file, the image starts flickering. I moved back to Catalyst v8.5 to prevent that. But let's not discuss that in this thread. Feel free to send a private email about that if you want to know more.

Regards, Arjen.

I've replaced the ATI-Card with a Nvidia GTX 260, uninstalled all ATI-Software and cleaned out both OS with Drivercleaner Pro. Installed Nvidia-Driver 177.41 and test. The same as before in both OS, no Suisse HD. After write this i'll test wdm-driver and write to KNC and give the person the link to this forum / thread. It's time now that they revise the BDA-Driver! I think they never tested Suisse HD (have no Access card??), only Premiere. A lot of money for (nothing??) a very fast Nvidia-Card.

capitanguex

Ouch! They definitely owe you one!!!

I think you are right. If the WDM driver provides an image and BDA not, chances are big this is because of the KNC driver and not the graphics card...

Did you get an image with WDM? It has been a while that I tried WDM, but back then I definitely had a case where SF1, SF2 and HD Suisse were OK with WDM and all three programs could not be received by the BDA driver. That was in the BDA v1.9.9.8 version. Like I said, they fixed SF1 and SF2 reception, but HD Suisse is still a no-go with BDA. I bet you had an image with WDM?

If you want me to try, let me know.

Regards, Arjen.

Hi Arjen,

Ouch! They definitely owe you one!!!

I think you are right. If the WDM driver provides an image and BDA not, chances are big this is because of the KNC driver and not the graphics card...

Did you get an image with WDM? It has been a while that I tried WDM, but back then I definitely had a case where SF1, SF2 and HD Suisse were OK with WDM and all three programs could not be received by the BDA driver. That was in the BDA v1.9.9.8 version. Like I said, they fixed SF1 and SF2 reception, but HD Suisse is still a no-go with BDA. I bet you had an image with WDM?

If you want me to try, let me know.

Regards, Arjen.

I've now told the person at KNC this and sent him the link to this forum / thread. I also offered them a Sat-Access card for testing if they don't have one. Testing the wdm-driver i has had no time yet but will do it this evening and will also connect Digital-Everywhere FireDTV S2 to this machine for further testing. FireDTV is the first and with the new firmware the best device i've ever tested. If i've more results i'll post it here.

capitanguex

Hi,

OK, I just tried to install an older version of the KNC One WDM driver. As you have seen from their web site, they do not offer the WDM driver anymore - just the BDA.

But unfortunately the WDM driver was not recognized, neither by GlobeTV nor by DVBViewer. Not sure what happened. I will have to experiment a little bit more.

An issue was also, that I only had the WDM driver, not the package that includes GlobeTV. Do you have a WDM driver together with a version from GlobeTV? If so, I can give you access to my FTP server to put it there. I will try it out.

Note: I am running Vista 32 bit.

Regards, Arjen.

Hi Arjen,

Hi,

OK, I just tried to install an older version of the KNC One WDM driver. As you have seen from their web site, they do not offer the WDM driver anymore - just the BDA.

But unfortunately the WDM driver was not recognized, neither by GlobeTV nor by DVBViewer. Not sure what happened. I will have to experiment a little bit more.

An issue was also, that I only had the WDM driver, not the package that includes GlobeTV. Do you have a WDM driver together with a version from GlobeTV? If so, I can give you access to my FTP server to put it there. I will try it out.

Note: I am running Vista 32 bit.

Regards, Arjen.

download http://www.knc1.com/download/GlobeTV2116B0422.zip and install it. you'll find then a folder c:\program files\GlobeDigital and there is a DevInstaller.exe . This will remove BDA and install latest wdm-driver. But be carefull, in the .inf's i do not read Vista. I've tested this driver before a second time with the new Graphic card under XP and this time it worked with GlobeTV / Suisse HD and no Bluescreens. The only problem that remain is if i move GlobeTV to the second screen then it most crash. I'll send this week a Sat Access card to KNC for testing so i think they will fix the BDA-Driver now.

@Derrick

If i connect the FireDTV S2 to this machine, put the CAM with Card in his CI-Slot, switch in DVBViewer to it then Suisse HD work with the same unchanged settings. So i think now we can sure that's the BDA-drivers fault.

capitanguex

So i think now we can sure that's the BDA-drivers fault.

I wouldn't be too sure :bounce: BDA is responsible for tuning and capturing the stream. Apparently that is working normally (could you post a screen shot from transedit's analyzer? ) I'd rather suspect the CI application. Maybe somebody noticed that there is just a single ecm_pid (0x02cd)for all programmes of the multiplex.

Hi all,

I just tried to use the WDM driver I had on one of my backups, but I can't get it to run anymore. But I once was in exactly the same situation as CapitanGuex: I got HD Suisse with WDM and not with BDA. Took me 5 minutes to switch between the two and HD Suisse definitely worked with WDM. I had other issues with that WDM driver though, so I wanted it to work with the BDA driver.

Very good job CapitanGuex! I have to rely on your test case.

KNC One asked me for the serial numbers of the cards. So I guess there might also be a hardware issue at hand...

I'll keep you updated.

Regards, Arjen.

Hi Arjen,

Hi all,

I just tried to use the WDM driver I had on one of my backups, but I can't get it to run anymore. But I once was in exactly the same situation as CapitanGuex: I got HD Suisse with WDM and not with BDA. Took me 5 minutes to switch between the two and HD Suisse definitely worked with WDM. I had other issues with that WDM driver though, so I wanted it to work with the BDA driver.

Very good job CapitanGuex! I have to rely on your test case.

KNC One asked me for the serial numbers of the cards. So I guess there might also be a hardware issue at hand...

I'll keep you updated.

Regards, Arjen.

I received today a new BDA-driver from KNC (v1.9.0718.0) and with this now all work ok (Suisse HD with Viaccess CAM, Alphacrypt Light under XP and Vista) with DVBViewer Pro. I must say KNC has a very good support / peoples there and will from now on the preffered hardware here for multimedia systems. Now i wait for permission to post this driver here.

capitanguex

Hi,

I also confirm that with this version of the BDA driver (v1.9.0718.0.fre.zip / beta) the issue with HD Suisse has disappeared. HD Suisse displays normally now.

However, on my system another problem is introduced that I did not have before. When I change HD channels or also when I press PAUSE and continue, sometimes the image becomes distorted.

Here is an example:

kncone-dvb-s2plus-002.jpg

When I do a "Rebuild Graph" that distortion is gone.

Can you reproduce this too capitanguex?

Regards, Arjen

Hi Arjen,

Hi,

I also confirm that with this version of the BDA driver (v1.9.0718.0.fre.zip / beta) the issue with HD Suisse has disappeared. HD Suisse displays normally now.

However, on my system another problem is introduced that I did not have before. When I change HD channels or also when I press PAUSE and continue, sometimes the image becomes distorted.

When I do a "Rebuild Graph" that distortion is gone.

Can you reproduce this too capitanguex?

Regards, Arjen

No, here work all without problem now. A similar problem i've had when testing wdm-driver and GlobeTV, here i've seen some pixalation in HD-Progs like Suisse HD from time to time. But under Vista with this new BDA all is rock solid, fast and work on second screen with DVBViewer. It seems that the Nvidia-Card and it's driver is more stable then ATI and Catalyst. What codecs you use? I use Cyberlink Ultra 8.0.1730.50

capitanguex

Same here. I use the latest Ultra v8.

Weird that you cannot reproduce the distortion. Do you have Premiere HD or Premiere Discovery HD? When I move to those channels the distortion is almost guaranteed.

Which catalyst version do you use?

Are you running 32 or 64 bit vista?

Regards, Arjen

Hi Arjen,

Same here. I use the latest Ultra v8.

Weird that you cannot reproduce the distortion. Do you have Premiere HD or Premiere Discovery HD? When I move to those channels the distortion is almost guaranteed.

Which catalyst version do you use?

Are you running 32 or 64 bit vista?

Regards, Arjen

I don't have Premiere. The problem with Premiere here is that i must subscribe for 1 year and they in progress now to exchange all cards (NDS or Nagra3?) and if it does not work after this with my system then i pay for nothing. They itself can't say if it work or not so i'll wait until they know. The catalyst version i used before i changed to Nvidia was 8.6 . XP and Vista are both 32bit version. There is a new catalyst 8.7, you tried this?

capitanguex

• 5 weeks later...
I worked with KNCOne. They sent me a pre-production BDA driver that will soon be on the web. It solves the HD Suiise issue.

There is a KNC_BDA_1908123_Beta.zip on the KNC One website in the beta-section now. Installed but will test it later. Next week i'll also order a premiere abo with hdtv (work with nagra3 and alphacrypt light module) so i can test this, the free ones and swiss hd together on xp and vista.

capitanguex