won't recognize h.264 codec

barret

Hello

DVBViewer Pro 3.9.4.0, Vista 32bit, TT3200 card

I am having a problem with DVBViewer Pro versions 3.9.2 and 3.9.4. I cannot get h.264 video streams to decode. I get an error on bootup (Cannot render Media File output pin. error: 0x80040218 no combination of filters could be found to render the stream.) In the DirectX setting I show the Cyberlink h.264 Technotrend codec but DVBViewer will not recognize it. I tried installing Elecard but it won't show up as available under the h.264 codec section. I tried FFDshow and it does show up and it cures the error message so at least I get a picture but it is not decoded. I tried all settings and renderer combinations to get FFdshow to work but with no luck. I had no problems with the TE edition and h.264. I was using Elecard and the TE edition recognized it right away. This has to be something simple but beyond my scope of knowledge. If anyone could help I would appreciate it. There is a new h.264 HD mux I would like to watch and the Tennis Channel also.

Chris

have also the

DVBViewer Pro 3.9.4.0 @ TT3200 S2 card

and all FTA channels works fine here with h.264 codecs

Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder (PDVD7)

& CoreAVC video Decoder

-------------------

otherwise ...

which channels not work for you?

which renderer u use?

what is your currently using hardware?

it is here very helpfull to poste the support.zip file.

creating by this ---> http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&id=14292

copy the downloaded file in main-directory and execute.

file creating in config-folder

o:)

H264 Video Decoders:

-------------------------

ffdshow Video Decoder V1.0.5.1986: FF800001

CyberLink H.264/AVC Decoder (TechnoTrend): 00200000 (File is missing)

You need a H.264 Video Decoder. ffdshow did not work for DVB h.264 and CyberLink is removed.
You need a H.264 Video Decoder. ffdshow did not work for DVB h.264 and CyberLink is removed.

Thank You

I downloaded the Elecard h.264 codec but DVBViewer won't pick it up. I will try to find the new cyberlink codec to download.

The problem is solved. I now have h.264 video. The TT software pack needed to be downloaded separately from the driver disc in order for the direct x filters to install. Thank you feixen and Tjod for your help. :)

• 4 weeks later...
The problem is solved. I now have h.264 video. The TT software pack needed to be downloaded separately from the driver disc in order for the direct x filters to install. Thank you feixen and Tjod for your help. o:)

Hello,

Could you please explain a little bit more your solution ? I think that i am facing the same issue.

thank you.

Regards.

Jérôme

support.zip

Edited by trougloubidchou